Senior Backend Engineer, Talent Operations
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to actively shape WorkMotion's growth story. As one of our Senior Backend Engineers within our Talent Operations team, you’ll have the chance to experience a unique 360° perspective behind the curtains of a textbook hyper-growth scale-up.
We value work-life balance, so please only apply if you're based within 2 hours of the Central European Timezone.
What your team will look like…
The Talent Operations team provides fast, seamless, and robust solutions to allow companies to hire new talents globally, streamline processes, implement technological solutions, and enhance overall operations.
Our team of talented software engineers fosters a collaborative environment where ideas flourish, and excellence is the standard. Together, we embrace challenges, celebrate victories, and continuously elevate our skills to stay ahead in the ever-evolving world of software development. If you're ready to join our team, we invite you to explore the exciting opportunities here!
What your Tech Stack will look like…
- Languages: Java 17
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Hibernate
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: AWS
- Tools: Docker, Github, JIRA, Confluence, AWS Fargate, AWS ECS, Storybook, and many more…
What you’ll do…
- Develop the necessary code and tests to implement the features/functions of the applications/services.
- You will implement and maintain features and projects related to talent management and lifecycle.
- Deliver high-quality software features that meet coding and design patterns best practices.
- Follow DevOps best practices – including continuous integration and unit testing, You build it, you ship it.
- You will contribute to requirement analysis, design, and architecture decisions
- Commitment to quality and timely delivery of assigned work products.
- Conduct code reviews of work done by other engineers in the team.
- Modify existing software applications with full competency.
- Troubleshoot failures during testing, including reproducing faults, evaluating requirements, and documenting root cause analysis.
What we’re looking for…
- Proven working experience in Java development for at least 6 years
- Solid understanding and experience in designing and building complex architecture
- Experience in system design
- You have proven experience working with the Spring Boot framework.
- You’re familiar with Test-driven development.
- You have experience with relational databases e.g. PostgreSQL
- You have experience with building API e.g. RESTful architecture
- You have experience with the integration of applications, features, and APIs
- You have experience working with AWS.
- You are ideally familiar with agile e.g. SCRUM or KANBAN
- Dev-ops experience is a big plus (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Strong English language communication skills - both written and verbal
What we offer…
- As a remote and distributed team, you can do your best work from anywhere you are the happiest
- Trust-based work – organize your own schedule. We want to celebrate results, not hours spent working
- WorkFlex - easily workation from your dream destination
- Well-Being Day - a dedicated day off to disconnect and recharge
- Subsidised gym membership subscription
- Training and development allowance
- Opportunities to get to know some of your colleagues at our offices
- Regular virtual events and annual team meetups
*Some benefits may vary due to local laws and regulations.
Who we are…
We are WorkMotion, an Employer of the Future.
By thinking outside the border, we are revolutionizing the working world and making the dream of working from anywhere a reality. Our all-in-one HR platform redefines global onboarding and management, ensuring 100% compliant remote employment.
What's great about being part of WorkMotion is that we practice what we preach – we're all about location flexibility. Joining us means embracing remote work without limits. Our passion lies in building a more globalized world and in transforming how we work in a meaningful way.
** WorkMotion is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive environment that embraces individuals of diverse backgrounds, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, religions, ages, and personal outlooks.**