Senior Software Engineer, Finance
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to actively shape WorkMotion's growth story. As our Senior Backend Engineer within our Finance team, you’ll have the chance to experience a unique 360° perspective behind the curtains of a textbook hyper-growth scale-up.
What your team will look like…
You will join one of our agile and cross-functional engineering teams, focused on the finance domain, leveraging cutting-edge technologies to deliver scalable and reliable solutions in WorkMotion Platform.
Building, shipping and maintaining customer-facing features using microservice and micro frontend architecture running on Amazon Web Services. Our engineering team provides the technology to extend our capabilities and celebrate wins in agile environment.
Our finance team is diverse with employees working remotely across the EMEA region, and includes Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, QA and Product Managers.
What your Tech Stack will look like…
- Languages: Java 17
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Hibernate
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: AWS
- Tools: Docker, Github, JIRA, Confluence
What you’ll do…
- Design and develop the necessary code and tests to implement the features/functions of the applications/services.
- You will drive microservices architecture
- You will implement and maintain features and projects related to our own case management application
- Deliver high-quality software features that meet coding and design patterns best practices.
- Follow DevOps best practices – including continuous integration and unit testing, You build it, you ship it.
- You will contribute to requirement analysis, design and architecture decisions
- Commitment to quality and timely delivery of assigned work products.
- Conduct code reviews of work done by other engineers in the team.
- Modify existing software applications with full competency.
- Troubleshoot failures during testing, including reproducing faults, evaluating requirements, and documenting root cause analysis.
What we’re looking for…
- Proven working experience with Java Spring Boot for at least 8 years
- Solid understanding and experience in designing and building complex architecture
- Knowledge of best practices of design patterns
- Experience in system design
- You're familiar with Test-driven development.
- You have experience with relational databases e.g. PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB
- You have experience with building API e.g. RESTful architecture
- You have experience with the integration of applications, features, and APIs
- You are ideally familiar with agile e.g. Scrum or Kanban
- You love to get things done
- Dev-ops experience is a big plus (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Solid Infrastructure experience is a big plus (AWS & DevOps)
What we offer…
- As a fully remote and completely distributed team, you can do your best work from anywhere you are the happiest
- Merit-based culture with substantial growth opportunities
- Trust-based work – organize your own schedule. We want to celebrate results, not hours spent working
- Collaborative team culture where everyone's input is valued
- Subsidised gym membership subscription and other benefits
- Training and development allowance
- Opportunities to get to know some of your colleagues at our offices
- Regular virtual events and annual team meetups
*Some benefits may vary due to local law and regulations.
Who we are…
We are a remote-first tech startup founded in 2020, offering an all-in-one HR-service to our clients, allowing them to hire the very best talent anywhere in the world.
A stellar founding team is leading WorkMotion, backed by one of the most renowned early-stage investors in Europe. If you like to roll up your sleeves and get all in, we can do it and build the #futureofwork together! You will be part of our incredible intercultural team, based all over the world and have the chance to learn and grow alongside the company.
No matter what you look like, where you’re from or where you prefer to work, we encourage all to apply. We believe that the more diversified we are, the more we can revolutionise the working world!