Head of Investments
Why be with company?
We all know what a great neighborhood feels like. The sad reality is that every day, our neighborhoods are losing their character, authenticity, and sense of community. From Main Streets to Manhattan, our beloved local businesses are being pushed out at unprecedented rates, replaced with corporate brands or empty storefronts. America is losing its small business backbone—its diversity, energy, and competitive edge.
withco empowers small businesses to become property owners so that they obtain the control, wealth, and permanence only afforded through ownership. We've raised $30M+ from the world's best investors, including Founders Fund, Canaan Partners, Initialized Capital, NFX, and celebrities like Venus Williams and Kevin Durant. Join our mission to make it exciting to be a small business owner in America again!
How you'll help us succeed:
As our Director of Real Estate & Capital Markets, you’ll develop, iterate, and refine our investment thesis and oversee its execution. Reporting to our Head of Investments, you’ll lead a small but mighty deal-making team responsible for our acquisition strategy from end-to-end.
You’ll also drive our capital raising efforts. You’ll take the lead on securing equity capital, managing relationships with investors, and ultimately help scale our impact to thousands of deals and thousands of small businesses served.
This role matches the breadth and real world impact of real estate investing with the agency and responsibility of a startup, all the while breaking ground on a fundamentally new model of real estate ownership.
What you'll do:
- Partner with leadership in setting investment theses across geographies and industries based on research and data
- Develop and execute withco’s equity capital strategy, including identifying and building and maintaining relationships with investors as we scale
- Manage the acquisition process and continued performance of our investments on a deal-by-deal and portfolio basis
- Partner with Product team to design and build underwriting, execution, and onboarding tools that scale our impact and ability to get deals done more efficiently
- Grow, develop, and coach a small team of Investments Analysts
What makes you a great fit:
- 8+ years of investing experience across the full lifecycle of real estate deals, ideally across the capital stack
- Deep understanding of equity financing, capital markets, and investment structures within the real estate industry
- Success developing and executing on investment theses, evidenced by your track record and professional network
- Strong point of view on small business credit underwriting and risk management
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate and manage a team around our values
- Passion for small business commercial real estate and the desire to help each partner with potentially the most important transaction of their life
Start Small, Dream Big: We invent, build, and execute to meaningfully improve the lives of our small business partners. We constantly improve and drive towards hitting ambitious goals. We operate from a place of humility and upcycle mistakes into feedback and learnings.
Really Own It: We are relentlessly resourceful, "do what we say we'll do", and care about the details. When we see a problem, we roll up our sleeves because it's our responsibility to take care of it. We focus on outcomes, look for opportunity, and celebrate a growth-mindset.
Act Fast, Learn Fast: We utilize first principles and diverse perspectives to prioritize the right problems and solutions. We have a bias for action to rapidly and rigorously test hypotheses, show evidence of progress with data, and then double down on what works.
Hustle to Honesty: We seek to quickly and courageously get to the truth, especially if it's scary or inconvenient. We assume positive intent and are open, honest, and direct about problems.
Are you with company?
- Competitive equity in an early-stage, high-growth company
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO and Work From Anywhere August
- Paid parental leave
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Commuter and FSA/HSA benefits
- A flexible work-life policy and company lunch once a week (we’re hybrid and in the office Tuesday to Thursday!)
- A curriculum of retreats, workshops, and dinners to learn from small business entrepreneurs across America who have perfected their crafts over generations