Tropic helps innovative companies save time and money by delivering unprecedented visibility and control over every dollar, every contract, and every supplier in one place. We're the spend management software, data, and services you can trust—we guarantee it. Tropic is procurement paradise, where your bottom line is our top priority.
We launched from stealth in 2020, raised $65 million in back-to-back Series A & B funding, are building an incredible team, grew 5X, and are managing over a billion dollars in spend for companies like DocuSign, Intercom, Notion, Plaid, & Greenhouse. Now is the perfect time to join. The best is yet to come! 🌴🚀
We are looking to hire someone based in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, or Washington for this position.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Implementation Consultant responsible for ensuring customers are set up for long-term success with the Tropic platform. This person will be the first stop for a new customer post-sale. Their main goals will be to establish best practices for driving swift time-to-value, executing implementation project plans, and providing consultative guidance on how to operationalize software purchasing workflows for our customers.
You will report to the Manager of Implementation Consulting and partner with key stakeholders at our customer’s organizations including Finance, IT, Compliance, Legal, and Operations leaders. You will serve as a trusted advisor delivering solutions incorporating Tropic’s software into our customers’ existing business processes.
We’re helping our customers see systematizing their purchasing as a necessity & true competitive advantage to drive cost savings.. Procurement, when done correctly, can enable top-line growth by providing teams with the tools they need to achieve their goals while maintaining maximum flexibility for the ever-changing needs of today’s businesses. This role will identify our customers’ biggest company goals and position Tropic’s role in their future successes.
We love understanding challenges, coming up with a strategy to tackle them, and then documenting those findings to ensure we're not solving the same puzzle twice. We’re growing fast, and we hope you have creative ideas to strengthen our team and company as we scale.
What You'll Do
- Completely own project planning and implementation for new Tropic Customers to implement our software, encourage collection of key inputs and enable features
- Delight our customers in their first experience working with Tropic, kick them off, and spearhead sessions to gather requirements and build their platform
- Lead pain point discovery and process mapping sessions with customers that need assistance in setting up a best practice procurement org
- Identify and manage process improvement projects that root out inefficiencies and grow our implementation program
- Develop procurement experience to identify gaps in customer policies, processes, and systems to drive efficiencies that improve our customers’ ability to purchase all categories of spend
- Ensure our customers have optimized their Tropic Software configurations to support flexible purchasing workflows
- Create implementation content (videos, self-guided trainings) for new customers to learn about Tropic and Procurement best practices
- Become an expert on all things Tropic and the best way to procure goods and services
- Spot inefficiencies in the way we do things, identify problems, and propose solutions
- Motivate our product team to make reasonable enhancements, identify product gaps, communicate customer needs, and have your hand in the air to help with solutions
What You’ve Done
- Have 4+ years of experience in business consulting, business transformation, or implementation at a consultancy or B2B SaaS company
- Strong consultative and advisory skills - you can be persuasive backed by facts and put forth digestible recommendations
- Have successfully deployed and launched software solutions into organizations where success is based on time-to-value adoption, and/or revenue retention
- Strong project management skills - you can fearlessly hold customers accountable to action items and deliverables
- Have the ability to stay up to date on an evolving product, and propose updates to onboarding practices to support the adoption of the newest releases
- It would be nice to have prior experience and understanding of Procurement as a business function
Specific to pay transparency laws, the minimum annual salary for this position is $75,000 and may also include commission, incentive pay, incentive stock options, and benefits. The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
What We Offer
- Remote first work environment
- Optional offices in NYC, Atlanta, and Denver
- Virtual & in-person meetups
- 401k plan with 4% company matching
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents
- Unlimited flexible vacation and holiday time off
- 100% covered employee medical, dental & vision plans
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- Award-winning values and culture
Research suggests that 60% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If this applies to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer that supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.