Director of Account Management
Tropic helps innovative companies save time and money by delivering unprecedented visibility and control over every dollar, every contract, and every supplier in one place. We're the spend management software, data, and services you can trust—we guarantee it. Tropic is procurement paradise, where your bottom line is our top priority.
We launched from stealth in 2020, raised $65 million in back-to-back Series A & B funding, are building an incredible team, grew 5X, and are managing over a billion dollars in spend for companies like DocuSign, Intercom, Notion, Plaid, & Greenhouse. Now is the perfect time to join. The best is yet to come! 🌴🚀
We are looking to hire someone based in the United States for this position.
About the Role
As Director of Account Management, you will be responsible for leading a team of Account Managers to manage, renew, and expand Tropic’s relationships with our current customers. You will hire and develop a team that we hope will become a benchmark for all account management teams. You will also work with the rest of the sales leadership team to build a truly world-class organization. You will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and have lots of empowerment and autonomy to develop your team as you see fit.
Our Account Management and Customer Success teams collaborate with customers to help them leverage Tropic for their procurement needs. Our teams partner with some of the most innovative companies to buy software, manage contracts, monitor usage, and turn procurement into a competitive advantage.
What You'll Do
- Recruit, hire, and train the best Account Managers
- Develop your team to hustle responsibly and build the best possible relationships with our customers
- Provide a leadership presence on late-stage sales calls to support your team
- Collaborate with and advise our Customer Success, Sales Ops, Enablement, Product, and Negotiation teams
- Provide regular business updates to internal stakeholders
What You’ve Done
- Burning desire to build an elite team
- Builder’s mindset
- Extremely hard working, you have high expectations for yourself and those around you
- 4+ years B2B SaaS account management/sales experience with demonstrable success
- 2+ years in management or team lead capacity
- Experience at a high-growth, venture-backed startup
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Team player who is coachable, collaborative, thoughtful, resourceful, and must have a genuine curiosity to solve problems and execute
Specific to pay transparency laws, the minimum annual salary for this position is $160,000 and may also include commission, incentive pay, incentive stock options, and benefits. The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
What We Offer
- Remote first work environment
- Optional offices in NYC, Atlanta, and Denver
- Virtual & in-person meetups
- 401k plan with 4% company matching
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents
- Unlimited flexible vacation and holiday time off
- 100% covered employee medical, dental & vision plans
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- Award-winning values and culture
Research suggests that 60% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If this applies to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer that supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.