Chief Financial Officer
Tropic helps innovative companies save time and money by delivering unprecedented visibility and control over every dollar, every contract, and every supplier in one place. We're the spend management software, data, and services you can trust—we guarantee it. Tropic is procurement paradise, where your bottom line is our top priority.
We launched from stealth in 2020, raised $65 million in back-to-back Series A & B funding, are building an incredible team, grew 5X, and are managing over a billion dollars in spend for companies like DocuSign, Intercom, Notion, Plaid, & Greenhouse. Now is the perfect time to join. The best is yet to come! 🌴🚀
We are looking to hire someone based in the United States for this position.
About the Role
Our Senior Vice President of Finance will bring a wealth of analytical rigor and invaluable insights to guide our business decision-making processes. In Tropic's expansive market, teeming with lucrative opportunities, it is crucial that we make well-informed choices and fully grasp the business implications. We are seeking a top-tier operator for this role, someone capable of establishing robust systems and structures to support our rapidly expanding employee base. This entails overseeing annual budgeting and forecasting, monitoring financial and business metrics, and implementing policies and compliance procedures. Furthermore, the SVP of Finance will serve as the voice of the business, effectively communicating key metrics and profound insights to investors, the board of directors, and potential strategic partners.
What You'll Do
- Partner with co-founders around strategic decisions, serving as the voice of the business and financial impact
- Develop corporate scorecards, including key SaaS metrics, to circulate with the rest of the executive team and hold leaders accountable to financial goals
- Conduct in-depth forecasting to assess the impact of strategic initiatives on crucial business metrics, helping to guide effective resource allocation
- Oversee and run a department-level budgeting process with the existing FP&A team, tracking spending against budget with regular re-forecasting to ensure financial stability
- Prepare comprehensive metrics and reports for board meetings, fundraising activities, and M&A transactions, effectively communicating financial insights and supporting strategic decision-making
- Continuously enhance and refine forecasting and projection capabilities, driving greater accuracy and reliability in financial planning
- Effectively manage working capital and optimize contract structures, leveraging financial expertise to drive operational efficiency and cost savings
- Collaborate with the executive team to align on strategic business priorities, leveraging financial insights to guide and shape the company's growth trajectory
- Oversee the Accounting team's monthly, quarterly, and annual books closing process, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting and compliance
- Evaluate and determine the optimal financial technology stack, leading the transition to a new ERP system to streamline operations and enhance financial management capabilities
What You’ve Done
- Proven track record of success in B2B finance with 10+ years of experience, demonstrating expertise in driving financial strategies and delivering impactful results
- Minimum of 4 years of experience at a high-growth, venture-backed startup, showcasing the ability to navigate the unique challenges and opportunities of a rapidly evolving business environment
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, with the ability to effectively guide and inspire teams, influence stakeholders, and present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, fostering productive partnerships with teams across the organization to align financial strategies with broader business goals and drive collective success
Specific to pay transparency laws, the minimum annual salary for this position is $250,000 and may also include commission, incentive pay, incentive stock options, and benefits. The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
What We Offer
- Remote first work environment
- Optional offices in NYC, Atlanta, and Denver
- Virtual & in-person meetups
- 401k plan with 4% company matching
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents
- Unlimited flexible vacation and holiday time off
- 100% covered employee medical, dental & vision plans
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- Award-winning values and culture
Research suggests that 60% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If this applies to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer that supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.