Senior Data Strategist
Tropic helps innovative companies save time and money by delivering unprecedented visibility and control over every dollar, every contract, and every supplier in one place. We're the spend management software, data, and services you can trust—we guarantee it. Tropic is procurement paradise, where your bottom line is our top priority.
We launched from stealth in 2020, raised $65 million in back-to-back Series A & B funding, are building an incredible team, grew 5X, and are managing over a billion dollars in spend for companies like DocuSign, Intercom, Notion, Plaid, & Greenhouse. Now is the perfect time to join. The best is yet to come! 🌴🚀
For this position, we are looking to hire someone based in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, or Washington.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sr. Data Strategist to be an integral part of the data team responsible for providing Tropic’s targets, customers, partners and other relevant external stakeholders exceptional value from our data assets. The Sr. Data Strategist will be directly responsible for driving our strategic data discovery, acquisition, analysis, and execution efforts in partnership with product, engineering, and operations teams. They will be responsible for highly visible, complex, and strategic data initiatives that will have a direct impact on Tropic’s growth. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be eager to demonstrate their data strategy and literacy and business acumen across all aspects of Tropic’s business.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain Tropic’s data-led growth strategy and corresponding roadmap, in partnership with the VP/GM of Data and the Tropic leadership team
- Propose innovative data solutions to directly impact our current and future customers’ business outcomes; identify new datasets that Tropic should invest in to bring these innovation data solutions to our targets and customers
- Define and execute the implementation plans to acquire, prepare, analyze / ‘connect the dots’, and develop innovative, value-adding data solutions, in partnership with Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Identify any/all improvement opportunities across the data value-chain (acquisition, commercialization, operations, etc.), work with the VP/GM of Data to prioritize, improve, and maintain the backlog
- Be the primary champion of data-centricity; lead the efforts to increase data maturity at Tropic
What You’ve Done
- 3+ years of progressive data strategy and/or data science experience, with a strong preference for those with prior experience in high-growth tech companies and/or experience in strategy consulting
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in math, applied statistics, economics, or related field
- Expert analysis skills coupled with proficiency in SQL, Python, and dashboard tools such as Mode, Sigma, Tableau
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Experience presenting findings and recommendations to senior leadership
- Self-starter with a high sense of urgency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Specific to pay transparency laws, the minimum annual salary for this position is $130,000 and may also include commission, incentive pay, incentive stock options, and benefits. The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
What We Offer
- Remote first work environment
- Optional offices in NYC, Atlanta, and Denver
- Virtual & in-person meetups
- 401k plan with 4% company matching
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents
- Unlimited flexible vacation and holiday time off
- 100% covered employee medical, dental & vision plans
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- Award-winning values and culture
Research suggests that 60% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If this applies to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer that supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.