Tropic helps innovative companies save time and money by delivering unprecedented visibility and control over every dollar, every contract, and every supplier in one place. We're the spend management software, data, and services you can trust—we guarantee it. Tropic is procurement paradise, where your bottom line is our top priority.
We launched from stealth in 2020, raised $65 million in back-to-back Series A & B funding, are building an incredible team, grew 5X, and are managing over a billion dollars in spend for companies like DocuSign, Intercom, Notion, Plaid, & Greenhouse. Now is the perfect time to join. The best is yet to come! 🌴🚀
For this position, we are looking to hire someone based in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, or Washington.
About the role
As an Account Manager, you will be tasked with retaining and growing existing client relationships and will serve as the ultimate internal decision-maker on your accounts. You will also get to function as the tip of the spear for all new product releases, helping with everything from go-to-market strategy to narrative creation.
You will be a founding member of the AM team and will help drive the vision and strategy of this mission-critical team forward. If you’re looking for an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something special, look no further.
What You'll Work On
- Retain and grow existing book of business via renewal, upsell, and cross-sell
- Own the end-to-end commercial relationship with clients
- Develop, nurture, and leverage relationships with senior DMs
- Serve as the internal champion for our clients to resolve issues as they arise
- Serve as the external champion for our Customer Success & Commercial Executive teams to resolve issues as they arise
- Play a crucial role in building and improving our service org
- Help develop go to market strategies for all new product releases
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience working in b2b SaaS sales (closing) and/or account management
- Proven track record of high level performance relative to quota and peers
Specific to pay transparency laws, the annual base salary range for this position is between $70,000 - $120,000 and may also include commission, incentive pay, incentive stock options, and benefits. The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
What We Offer
- Remote first work environment
- Optional offices in NYC, Atlanta, and Denver
- Virtual & in-person meetups
- 401k plan with 4% company matching
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents
- Unlimited flexible vacation and holiday time off
- 100% covered employee medical, dental & vision plans
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- Award-winning values and culture
Research suggests that 60% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If this applies to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer that supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.