Partner Operations Manager | UK
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
Taptap Send is seeking a motivated and analytical leader to join our Operations team. You will own improving the payout customer experience and efficiency for Africa & across the globe. You will be responsible for analysing the performance of our payment network, identifying areas of improvement both in our processes and those of our partners, and liaising with our payment partners in various countries.
This role touches a wide cross-section of Taptap Send’s truly global operations. You will showcase project management skills navigating our operations, support, trading, and finance teams. From discussing contract terms to troubleshooting operational issues, you’ll be the primary relationship contact for our third-party payment providers across the region.
Taptap Send is rapidly growing, and the scope and complexity of this role will too.
- Lead performance monitoring on our payment corridors in Sub-Saharan and Northern Africa. Identify & track the metrics that matter
- Work with our payment partners to deliver the best service to our customers. Troubleshoot issues, collaborate on potential improvements, work with tech teams on building new solutions
- Reduce our technical outages over time by tracking why they happen & working across teams to remove the issues at the root
- Ensure our user-facing metrics are met regarding partner reliability and act as first point of contact between Taptap Send and our partners across the globe for operations needs
- Collaborate with growth, engineering and product teams to prepare for new markets to come online
- Taptap Send is a 24/7 business & we do anticipate infrequent night/weekend work resolving critical issues.
- Ability to independently identify operational problems & deliver solutions cross-functionally. This includes performing analysis, designing process solutions and working with technical team(s) on implementation
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities in a fast-paced startup environment
- 5+ years of experience in finance, technology, operations, or a similar field at a start-up or tech company. Experience in payment operations is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel; proficiency with SQL a plus
- Emerging market experience strongly preferred
- English and French language proficiency required
- Right to work in preferred location. Limited sponsorship opportunities
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.