Sr Recruiter / Talent Acquisition - UK / EU / US / Remote
People & HR
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Taptap Send's mission is to reduce inequality by becoming the leading cross-boarder fintech.
Launched in 2019, Taptap Send is a mobile app transforming international money transfer by making it as cheap, fast and convenient as possible. We’re tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. This has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of the population had been unable to access digital finance previously.
Connecting more than a billion people to the financial grid for the first time, mobile money allows more people to be reached more quickly, securely and efficiently than ever before. Taptap Send is building products to capture this opportunity, providing senders peace of mind with a secure, affordable solution, and recipients with an accessible, convenient way to receive this capital.
-> Founded by the founders of the non-profit GiveDirectly (philanthropic cash transfers; >300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO of the last 30 years), and Segovia (B2B mobile payment gateway, successful exit).
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs and investors (Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Co-ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels).
We are rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article.
You’re a great fit for this role if you understand what an effective recruitment function looks like, able to balance business priorities, provide a top tier candidate experience and relish the challenge of recruiting the best people. You should be comfortable working closely with cross-functional teams and building and iterating on processes in a fast-paced work environment.
You will support multiple functions and partner closely with the rest of the recruiting team to hire and implement the best business practices. Additionally, you will craft and implement hiring strategies for various prioritised roles, identify how we attract the best talent for the organisation, and initiatives to improve current processes.
- Manage the full cycle recruiting process (includes but not limited to sourcing, screening, scheduling, and closing) across multiple disciplines, mainly focusing on GTM, ops, and finance requisitions
- Partner with leadership and hiring managers to execute on hiring goals and be tactical to ensure success
- Utilize data and metrics to understand your candidate funnel and identify trends and opportunities to drive continuous improvement
- Utilize creative sourcing techniques to maintain a consistently healthy pipeline of high-talent bar candidates
- Partner with/help select TapTapSend's third party vendors for hiring success
- 4+ years of high-talent bar recruiting experience
- Cut your teeth in a hard charged recruitment agency
- Excellent searching and sourcing techniques with a track record of utilising creative methods of locating and attracting prospective candidates
- Experience screening and evaluating candidates through video calls / interviews
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, resume databases, and other third party recruiting tools
- Ability to adapt to growth within our rapidly expanding company. Self-induced initiative /autonomy is critical
- Passionately push for results and standards, drive hiring managers and processes, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of our goals
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Nice to have
- Make data-informed decisions with qualitative and quantitative research. Obsess over outcomes and know where to invest the team’s valuable time. Share insights and results throughout the company
- Experience supporting GTM, ops, finance roles. If previously focused on technical roles, willing to switch to GTM roles
- Thrives in open or ambiguous environments; previous experience at a tech startup
- Ability to work with data and derive insights from analytics
- Ability to present information in an easy, digestible way - ideally having buckets of experience delivering information to executives / leadership
-> Impact first
-> Team next
-> Accept reality
-> Propose solutions
-> Win with grit
-> Be proactively candid, with yourself and others
-> Love the particular
-> Own it
-> Create positive energy
-> Maybe, even have fun.
Why Taptap Send *might* not be the right place for you
What makes a company really great is when people love to work there and if you were to join us we would want you to love it too. That's why we have developed a quick summary of why Taptap might not be the right place for you, to help you make an informed decision from the get go.
Taptap may not be the place for you if:
-> And it is the most important one: our Mission does not get you excited
-> You do not embody our values (see above)
-> You prefer to operate in work environments which are meticulously organised with a lot of structure and process already in place
-> You like more established companies (we are still operating as a startup with a couple hundred people)
-> You do not operate well with ambiguity; projects and priorities will shift
-> You prefer to be part of a large team.
This role comes with a competitive salary and stock options.
-> Competitive salary 25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
-> Flexible hours
-> Employer pension contributions
-> Private health insurance
-> Headspace Subscription
-> Work from home desk stipend
-> Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
-> Regular team events
-> Learning and Development budget for your professional development needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: We recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.