People Operations Partner (Paris, London, Remote)
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
As People Operations Partner you'll work closely with the Director of People Operations and take the lead on a wide variety of HR projects, initiatives, and processes. Your mission will be threefold:
1. Help your teammates deliver a best-in-class People Ops experience to 220+ Tappers in 30+ countries
2. Empower our managers to make great people decisions, aligned with our policies and culture
3. Make the People Ops function more efficient, scalable, and aligned with best practices
This is a perfect role for a dynamic, analytical HR Business Partner/People Ops Project Manager with a proven track record managing projects, improving processes, and driving great decision-making. The People Operations Partner will dive into anything HR-related that becomes a priority for our team and Taptap Send, so our ideal candidate is a generalist who's seen it all and who's been in a front-facing People Operations role before. You'll feel at home leading initiatives and working directly with senior leaders, but are equally happy helping out and getting your hands dirty with day-to-day HR tasks when needed (we're a small team and all of us are very hands-on!).
Our ideal candidate will be based in either Paris or London, and will be a French speaker to round out the language skills in our team.
What you'll do:
- Lead and support with a wide variety of special initiatives and projects alongside the Director of People Operations (examples of projects could include: rolling out a job level framework, opening a new office, creating a salary benchmark library, developing an employee handbook, implementing a global payroll solution, driving compliance efforts, etc.)
- Own our policies & procedures and ensure they're consistently applied across Taptap Send
- Prepare guides, toolkits, and trainings that make managers more effective and autonomous
- Drive efficiencies within the People Ops function and with Finance, IT, and Talent Acquisition
- Support your teammates on day-to-day People Ops tasks as needed
What we're looking for:
- A Project Manager, Business Partner, or People Ops Manager with at least 3 years of experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A proven track record managing cross-functional People projects and improving HR processes
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Curiosity and a genuine love for tackling new challenges and solving big problems
- A team player
- Fluency in English and French
Benefits (specifics depend on geography)
- Competitive compensation
- 25 days (or more) of annual leave in addition to public holidays + Pipio day (our anniversary!)
- Flexible hours and possibility to work from wherever you want (we're fully remote)
- Private health insurance (100% coverage)
- New, top-of-market company equipment
- Generous work from home stipend
- Optional WeWork All Access membership
- Annual Learning & Development budget
- Free Headspace subscription
- Regular team retreats and events
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.