Runner/ Coursier - HR team (Casablanca based)
People & HR
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
Fluent French & Arabic, English as a plus
Looking for an entry-level opportunity in a fast-paced environment ? We are currently hiring a Runner to join our team. As a runner, you will play a vital role in supporting our operations by efficiently handling various tasks and errands.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, adaptable, and possess excellent communication skills. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and grow within our dynamic organisation
- Provide administrative support to various departments by handling tasks such as document delivery, interdepartmental coordination, and errands
- Perform general clerical duties, including photocopying, scanning, and filing documents if requested
- Transport equipment, materials, or tools to different locations as required
- Act as a liaison between different entities, facilitating information flow
- Handle ad-hoc requests and assist with special projects as assigned
- Fluent French & Arabic
- Based in Casablanca, MA
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role for over six months
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and punctual with a positive attitude
- Must have a valid driver's license and your own means of transportation (i.e. car, motorcycle, etc).
Nice to have:
- Experience in the payment space
- Spent time living/working in Africa or Asia
- Additional languages - English, Italian, Spanish, German or are just a few examples!
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, training, etc.)
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.