Treasury Operations Analyst - Asia
IT, Accounting & Finance, Operations
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
Taptap Send is seeking a highly organised and motivated individual to join our Treasury Operations team and help us grow our business across the US, Canada and Europe. In this role, you will report to the Head of FX and Treasury Operations, and touch all aspects of Taptap Send’s payment operations, working directly with our teams and partners across the world.
You’ll own the full life cycle of payments, including creating, tracking, and confirming crediting of payments, as well as troubleshooting payment issues across all of our payout countries and currencies. You’ll also be involved in the trading and estimating funding processes to ensure that our partners are well funded at all times.
You’ll work directly with our FX team as well as collaborating with the wider team that spans the globe (London, Abidjan, Lagos, Nairobi, Paris and New York to name a few places), ensuring that Taptap Send is effectively supported in its growth and customer ambitions! There is plenty of room for professional progression and personal growth within our friendly and ever-growing Taptap community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively managing treasury operations to ensure our accounts are funded each day and payments can be processed seamlessly
- Working closely with partners to ensure that funding timelines are being delivered on
- Troubleshooting to find the root cause of payment issues and working with internal and external partners to resolve
- Assisting with onboarding new banks and trading partners
- Trading into a range of currencies
- Some out of hours coverage to be expected
You could be a good fit if you:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience ideally in a payments or funding role
- Are passionate about our mission and eager to do what need to be done to achieve it
- Are enthusiastic about treasury operations, solving unique problems, and optimizing processes
- Enjoy challenges, are resourceful and think outside the box to find creative ways to tackle problems
- Love working in teams and building meaningful relationships with key stakeholders
- Don’t hesitate to place a call to promptly resolve issues or persevere to get a result
- Have great organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities in a fast-paced startup environment where no two days are the same
- Have proven analytical skills (Excel); SQL a plus
- Are familiar with the partner countries we work with (considered a plus)
- Are proficient in English, other languages considered a strong plus (Arabic, French, etc.)
- Have the right to work in UAE
Benefits (specifics depend on geography)
- Competitive salary
- 25 personal holidays + Pipio day!
- TTS Equipment & WFH set-up in line with policy
- Private health insurance
- Free subscription to Headspace mindfulness app
- Learning and Development budget for your professional development needs
- Travel + team events
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.