Business Intelligence Analyst, Customer Support - US, UK, Latin America, Remote
IT, Customer Service, Operations, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
We are looking for an insightful, proactive Business Intelligence Analyst with a strong technical background, with an ability to work independently with datasets to help us in our next phase of growth. If you’re excited about wrangling data sets, generating insights, pursuing complex problems and influencing our strategy, then this is the role for you!
No challenge is too small -- or too large! You’ll enjoy working with and communicating results to a range of partners. You’ll report into the Head of Customer Support but provide support across our regional market teams, bringing a data-focused perspective to all our key decisions.
- Analyze and optimize customer support operations: report on key metrics (e.g. CPC, productivity metrics, CSAT) and identify opportunities to improve customer experience and reduce costs across markets and channels
- Drive CX experimentation: own the processes for implementing and reporting on customer support experiments and support Customer Support teams to drive improvements in processes and overall customer experience
- Root Cause Analysis: identify root causes for customer pain points and operational challenges across all teams. Identify insights and opportunities to provide feedback to the business and product teams to reduce defective transactions
- Develop data model to support reporting, operations and optimisation: ingest data into our data warehouse, transform data via SQL queries managed in DBT, and maintain data sets for accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Build systems to enable targeted customer support automations: integrate data warehouse and CRM systems (in collaboration with engineering team) and support operations in improving efficiency and customer experience
- Build and develop operational reporting: create dashboards and reports to provide visibility to the leadership and business on customer experience
- 2+ years of Business Intelligence experience, preferably with some start-up experience
- Experience working with Customer Support data
- Postgraduate degree in a quantitative discipline preferred but not required
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong programming skills in Python, R, or another programming language
- Experience with ingesting external data sources into a central data warehouse
- Know how to structure, solve and present sophisticated problems for both senior management and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and balance priorities
- ‘No task too small’ mentality
- Right to work in the UK, EU, US or Latin America
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.