FP&A Manager - UK / Remote
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
We are looking for someone who uses strategic analysis to influence senior leaders in the company to make the right calls. You’ll be helping the team set and deliver targets, owning our financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
This is an amazing positon which gives insight into the entire organization, interacting with key stakeholders across the business and ensuring we are driving progress and growth.
You’ll bring an inquisitive and curious mindset to our finances, looking to interrogate and understand our revenue and cost base. If you are looking for a new challenge in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment, with a desire to make your mark on a growing Finance function, then this is the role for you!
This role will report to the CFO.
- Financial planning and analysis: you’ll be the primary point of contact for all things finance for our operational teams (supporting monthly, quarterly, annual and long-range planning)
- Variance analysis: conduct monthly variance analysis, and identify risks, upside and suggest measures to take
- Business partnering
- Support our operational teams to better understand their finances and provide them with the analysis they need to succeed (e.g. efficiency, capital allocation)
- Work closely with accounting team to provide input on management reporting needs, push for deeper understanding of our actual performance - and get that understanding back out into the business
- Build out trading analysis -- Build out regular, recurrent analysis to guide the business on its real-time performance and allow us to make more timely, informed decisions and lead discussions across the business to disseminate that information
- Drive commercial improvements -- You’ll sweat the detail on how we spend our resources, from ensuring our partnerships support our long-term growth plans to monitoring the ROI on our marketing spend. In short, help us scale and make the right prioritization calls
- Assist on projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis -- As we grow, we will continually face new challenges and opportunities, and you’ll be asked to jump in and support as needed. This could include supporting on annual budgets and forecasting to integrating new data sources into our financial analysis
- Minimum of 5 years in Corporate Finance Operational FP&A, Investment Banking and/or Consulting, at a high speed, high performance organisaion
- Strong communication skills - able to build trusted relationships in and out of finance team
- Data-driven problem solver - comfortable to speak up and challenge stakeholders based on your analysis
- Can operate at strategic and tactical level - you’re detail-oriented & you sweat the small stuff but have ability to take a step back
- Highly organized and able to balance competing priorities, including across teams
- Desire to work in a fast paced, mission driven environment
- Experience in data manipulation (e.g SQL, Alteryx etc) and/or Accounting ERPs (esp. Netsuite) a bonus
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.
See more open positions at Taptap Send
Something looks off?