Fraud Analytics Manager
Accounting & Finance, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
We’re seeking an insight driving analytical powerhouse with 3+ years working in analytics preferably in or with a keen interest in fraud or risk at a financial institution or startup. If your passion is wrangling data sets, generating insights, pursuing complex financial crime and fraud problems and influencing decisions made across the business, then this is the role for you!
The role is full-time and based in any of our global hubs (Brussels, Paris, London, New York, Dubai or Toronto) depending on preference. Remote locations are also possible for this role. You will work closely with the Heads of Fraud, Financial Crime, and Data Engineering to provide additional analytical capacity to the financial crime team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on financial crime analytics projects - proactively finding patterns in our transactions that are indicative of fraudulent activity, identifying areas for analytics improvements and helping the financial crime team understand drivers and assess performance as we scale.
- Working collaboratively with our analytics team to build reports that identify fraudulent activity in our transaction data.
- Supporting the maintenance of a low rate of fraud and identifying areas where this can improve.
- Being a key partner in ensuring Taptap Send is data-centric - You’ll develop best practices and processes around data management, data requests, and prioritization. You will work with operating and engineering teams to ensure we capture the right data and use the right tools as we continue to scale
- Working closely with our Compliance Officers to ensure operational delivery of all AML and compliance requirements.
- Working directly with our eng and product team to spec out new features that improve customer experience, keep our app secure, and reduce customer friction.
- 3+ years working in an analytical capacity at a financial institution or tech startup.
- Strong SQL skills, and able to handle large & complex data structures from multiple sources, required.
- Working proficiency with Python or R a plus.
- Experience structuring, solving and presenting sophisticated problems to senior management, those relating to fraud are a strong plus.
- A passion for using data and visualizations to tell stories and answer difficult questions.
- Experience building dashboards with business intelligence tools, such as Looker or Mode
- The ability to work independently and balance priorities.
- A ‘No task too small’ mentality.
- The right to work in whichever global hub you are applying for (depending on your preference for location).
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.
See more open positions at Taptap Send
Something looks off?