Director, InfoSec and IT - US/UK, Remote
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
Taptap Send is looking for a director to lead our global IT security and compliance efforts. As the first hire dedicated to information and data security at a global company spanning 6 continents, you’ll need to be as comfortable being hands on with mobile device management set up as you are presenting to board-level stakeholders. You’ll work closely with internal Risk and Compliance functions as well as external vendors and advisors to build a robust and scalable IT and Information Security function with policies, processes, and systems that can support our rapid growth. You’re a seasoned leader with deep experience in project management and leading edge industry expertise, excited to join a fast-scaling international fintech on the ground floor.
This role reports to our Head of Platform Engineering and IT.
- Assist the front line IT resources to provide remote support across all company locations globally
- Develop and maintain systems for request logging and management
- Develop policies, processes and technical solutions to proactively prevent problems, improve user productivity and automate recurring tasks
- Translate technology and business risk requirements into systems and metrics for measuring them
- Oversee company security event monitoring and incident response solutions and processes
- Drive business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing to ensure tech resiliency
- Collaborate with our Risk team and external security vendors to ensure full compliance with IT, InfoSec, and data security policies and regulation across Taptap Send’s global operational footprint
- BA/BS degree required
- A minimum of 10 years of IT-related experience and at least 5 years of experience working with information security issues and technologies, ideally in a regulated industry
- Deep understanding of risk and risk assessment, information security and data privacy laws, and accepted industry practices
- Familiarity with common IT security frameworks and standards. Examples: PCI DSS, SOC2, FISMA, ISO 27K
- Previous management and team building experience
- Stellar project management skills
- Experience in IT vendor selection/negotiation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.
See more open positions at Taptap Send
Something looks off?