Senior Growth Launcher, Turkey (based in Berlin)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, February 4, 2023
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
As the Turkey Country Manager your role will be to develop and scale Taptap Send’s growth amongst the Turkish diaspora in key sender-side markets (Europe focus to start with more to come).
You will be excited to manage every aspect of growth in said markets: customer acquisition and retention strategy, pricing, user research, product quality, customer experience, team development and coaching. You will have an acute “own it” mindset, equally obsessed with the experience of individual users as with iterating and optimising scalable growth tactics and processes.
Reporting to a Regional Head, you’ll combine great operational prowess with a data-driven test-and-learn mindset. You’ll be a creative thinker who is always looking for ways to hack growth. You’ll also have the emotional intelligence and experience to hire and inspire great talent.
The role offers the chance to join an early-stage, high growth startup; to have a positive impact on the communities we serve; and to directly lead a growing team.
- Lead all aspects of the execution of TTS’s growth strategy in key markets
- Understand everything that’s going on in your markets through tracking and reporting on key metrics
- Develop and scale creative growth campaigns that are nevertheless tailored to specific communities
- Recruit and lead a growing team
- Work cross-functionally with the Product, Ops, Business Development, and Engineering teams to ensure Taptap Send has the best product offering in the market
- Run experiments that help us constantly improve the Growth playbook
- Collaborate with other members of the Growth team to develop and share best practices
- 5+ years of experience in a high-performing, fast-paced environment (tech, professional services, political organizing, etc.) High-growth startup experience and P&L ownership a plus.
- Experience building and leading a team and a commitment to investing in their development
- A data-driven decision-making mindset and business acumen
- “No task too small” mentality and willingness to delve into gritty details to get things done
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for working with and for migrant communities (embedded in the Turkish diaspora)
- Fluent in English and Turkish, other languages a plus (French)
- Mobile product experience a plus
Benefits (specifics depend on geography!)
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, training, etc.)
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Behavioral health benefits
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.