Senior Data Scientist
Sync Computing is an MIT based startup company on a mission to transform the way developers control cloud infrastructure. By applying mathematical modeling and optimization algorithms to complex cloud infrastructure, Sync aims to allow developers to easily achieve business goals at scale without spending endless hours navigating infrastructure knobs. Businesses worldwide will be able to utilize cloud resources with optimal efficiency, saving billions of dollars and endless hours on the cloud. We are targeting applications in the modern data stack, starting with the Apache Spark ecosystem including Databricks and AWS.
Sync Computing is searching for a full-time Sr. Data Scientist located in Cambridge, MA. Full-time Remote is also available.
As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will be part of a fast-paced venture-backed company in the exciting cloud data ecosystem. We're looking for an exceptional Sr. Data Scientist to help solve technical problems and build out the core optimization engine of the company. This role will work with other top-tier data scientists from MIT, Harvard, and Berkeley to quickly build technical solutions to solve business needs.
- Research and build technical solutions that solve business problems
- Quickly iterate and evaluate new concepts and ideas
- Break down complex long term problems into shippable intermediate milestones
- Design and implement data analysis pipelines, machine learning models and statistical analysis to extract insights from data.
- Design and implement data visualization solutions to present insights in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Work in cloud development environments such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Work within a wide range of systems and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Work closely with our highly technical users to understand their needs and work across product and engineering to build solutions.
- Collaborate across engineering, product, and leadership to iterate and improve our products.
- Experience with learning and analyzing complex systems
- Experience converting research into product ideas and business deliverables
- Experience with common data science tools utilizing python
- Product and end user oriented
- Genuine curiosity around Cloud, big data and infrastructure
- Open to feedback and always looking for ways to improve
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication style
- Creative, self disciplined and passionate about what you do
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Driven by purpose and with a strong team-first attitude
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in data analysis, machine learning, statistics, and big data processing using languages such as Python, R, SQL and other relevant tools
- Masters degree or PhD in engineering or computer science
- Strong familiarity with software engineering development and tools (sprints, Jira, github, pull requests)