Senior iOS Engineer
Speechify is the easiest way to listen to the world’s information. Articles on the web, documents in the cloud, books on your phone. We absorb it all and let you listen to it at your desk, on the go, at your own speed, and with tools that make learning easier, deeper, and faster.
What streaming services have done for audio entertainment, we’re doing for audio information. And whatever we’re doing seems to be working. We’re #1 in our category, and experiencing exponential growth.
With that growth of our iOS app, we find the need for a Senior iOS Engineer to help us support the new user base as well as work on new and exciting projects.
This is a key role and ideal for someone who thinks strategically, enjoys high-pace environments, passionate about owning product decisions and has experience building and scaling complex engineering systems.
What You’ll Do
- Actively shipping production code for the Speechify iOS app
- Work within a dedicated product team
- Participate in product discussions to shape the product roadmap
- Maintain and enhance the existing complex app architecture
- Have the opportunity to work on features that will change millions lives
An Ideal Candidate Should Have
- Experience. You've worked on products that scaled to a large user base
- Track record. You have worked on various products from inception to decent traction. You have been responsible for engineering the product.
- Customer obsession. We expect every team member whose responsibilities directly impact customers to be constantly obsessed about providing the best possible experience
- Product thinking. You make thoughtful decisions about the evolution of your product and support PMs and designers into taking the right direction
- Speed. You work quickly to generate ideas and know how to decide which things can ship now and what things need time
- Focus. We’re a high-growth startup with a busy, remote team. You know how and when to engage or be heads down
- Technical skills. Swift, RXSwift, programmatic UI, strong knowledge in architectural patterns, multi-threading, (bonus) Combine, UiKit, & SwiftUI
- Swift Programming Language (min. 2 years)
- SwiftUI experience (1 year)
- Core Data/Realm/firebase/GRDB work experience
- Experience in a Multithreading Programming
- You must be able to describe Imperative and Declarative Programming differences, functional reactive VS OOP, key pros and cons
- Working with CI/CD infrastructure
- Experience with Fastlane
- Architectural Pattern knowledge like MVVM and MVVM+C and experience in practice min. 2 years
- Experience with Functional Reactive Programming min 2 years - fluent with RxSwift && RxCocoa || Combine
- Knowledge of Programming Paradigms
- SOLID principles, ability to write every single class according to SOLID
- Experience with Git and understanding of different Git strategies
- Experience with APNS and Push Notifications
- XCTests practical experience
- You should be able to:
- Describe disadvantages of OOP
- Write fully protocol oriented classes in Swift
- Must know who is Uncle Bob, Martin Fowler, Alan Key and how they've contributed to the field
What We offer:
- A fast-growing environment where you can help shape the company and product.
- An entrepreneurial crew that supports risk, intuition, and hustle.
- A hands-off approach so you can focus and do your best work.
- The opportunity to make a big impact in a transformative industry.
- A competitive salary, a collegiate atmosphere, and a commitment to building a great asynchronous culture.
- Work on a product that millions of people use and where daily feedback includes users sharing that they cried when they first found the product because it was so impactful on their lives.
- Support people with learning differences like Dyslexia, ADD, Low Vision, Concussions, Autism, Second Language Learners, and give reading superpowers to professionals all over the world.
- Work in one of the fastest growing sectors of tech: Intersection of Artificial Intelligence and Audio.
Think you’re a good fit for this job?
Tell us more about yourself and why you're interested in the role when you apply.
And don’t forget to include links to your portfolio and LinkedIn.
Not looking but know someone who would make a great fit?
Speechify is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Speechify does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.