Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Speechify is the easiest way to listen to the world’s information. Articles on the web, documents in the cloud, books on your phone. We absorb it all and let you listen to it at your desk, on the go, at your own speed, and with tools that make learning easier, deeper, and faster.
What streaming services have done for audio entertainment, we’re doing for audio information. And whatever we’re doing seems to be working. We’re #1 in our category, and experiencing exponential growth.
With that growth comes the need for a Senior Software Engineer to join our newly formed Platform team and help us scale our infrastructure, optimize the performance of key product flows and build end-to-end systems.
This is a key role and ideal for someone who thinks strategically, enjoys high-pace environments, passionate about owning product decisions and has experience building and scaling complex engineering systems.
What You’ll Do
- Build, own and report on the performance of complex end-to-end systems
- Actively participate in product decisions and refining the product roadmap
- Work with the Platform team to provide universal architecture and experience across our products
An Ideal Candidate Should Have
- Experience. You've played a crucial role in building and maintaining of large scale products and have worked both backend and frontend
- Systems thinking. You know how to think high level about end-to-end systems involving multiple products, 3rd party services etc
- Speed. You work quickly to generate ideas and options and know how to decide which things can ship now and what things need time
- Focus. We’re a high-growth startup with a busy, remote team. You know how and when to engage or be heads down
- Collaboration. You know how to inspire, play, and negotiate with opinionated designers, marketers, and PMs
- Preferred Tech Stack:
- Java/Kotlin (Kotlin Multiplatform experience a plus)
What We Offer
- A fast-growing environment where you can help shape the company and product.
- An entrepreneurial-minded team that supports risk, intuition, and hustle.
- A hands-off management approach so you can focus and do your best work.
- An opportunity to make a big impact in a transformative industry.
- Competitive salaries, a friendly and laid-back atmosphere, and a commitment to building a great asynchronous culture.
- Opportunity to work on a life-changing product that millions of people use.
- Build products that directly impact and support people with learning differences like dyslexia, ADD, low vision, concussions, autism, and more.
- Work in one of the fastest growing sectors of tech, the intersection of artificial intelligence and audio.
Think you’re a good fit for this job?
Tell us more about yourself and why you're interested in the role when you apply.
And don’t forget to include links to your portfolio and LinkedIn.
Not looking but know someone who would make a great fit?
Speechify is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Speechify does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.