Staff Software Engineer - Developer Experience (Typescript, Go)
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in.
Snyk is a Developer First Security platform. It makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk aims to make the world more secure by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to build the inner workings of the systems, our collaborative culture, and our standards.
For this role, we seek a partner for our teams that will be at the forefront of our efforts here in the Developer Experience division, driving the design of our systems across the board for our customers, and their developers’ experience using Snyk.
You’ll spend your time:
- Designing and implementing technical solutions in TypeScript and Golang, prioritizing an exceptional, secure developer experience.
- Creating and setting standards for reliable, observable, scalable systems, ensuring their resilience and efficiency.
- Embracing our 'One Team' value by collaborating extensively across various departments and geographies, fostering a culture of inclusion and transparency.
- Engaging with our product partners and our customer representatives to understand what we build and why, demonstrating that we “Care Deeply” and we’re building “Customer Centric”
- Leading innovative projects and initiatives rallying those around you in building industry forward, cutting-edge solutions
- Mentoring and supporting team members, holding interviews to recruit new talent, and ensuring that we foster an environment of growth, partnership, and belonging, in partnership with your Engineering Manager.
What You’ll Need:
- A passion for developer experiences and a deep understanding of their challenges and needs
- Extensive experience building services in TypeScript and/or Go and a commitment to building exceptional quality products.
- Experience in knowledge structuring, sharing, and defining best practices for you and your team
- Clear communication skills to enable working in highly cross-functional, distributed product teams
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Believe we can do more than just review pull requests, and want to unlock that belief
- Have experience working with integrations for GitHub Apps, Bitbucket Connect, IDE Plugins, or Command-line Interfaces
- Are familiar with Application Security, DevSecOps, AST (SAST, SCA, IAST, DAST), or developer tools
- Know the difference between a unified and context git diff
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances