Senior Software Engineer - AppRisk team (ETL, Typescript, Node.js)
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Crave the thrill of revolutionizing application security? Join our elite AppRisk Inventory Team and leave your mark on the future of ASPM, at scale.
Not just another engineer. We seek a proactive data maestro who thrives on building robust infrastructure and orchestrating seamless data flows. Your mission: tame the chaos of application assets, crafting streamlined ETL pipelines to fuel Snyk AppRisk with lightning-fast, hyper-accurate data.
Think beyond mere storage solutions. Design like a visionary architect, sculpting systems that scale effortlessly and keep our services humming like a finely tuned engine. You'll be shoulder-to-shoulder with product, engineering & security rockstars, collaborating across the entire development lifecycle – from brainstorming on bleeding-edge ideas to ensuring and implementing flawless operation.
Ready to code for impact? This is your chance to own the future of application security posture management. Dive into this fast-paced adventure and watch your skills soar. Apply now and let's build something epic together!
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Working across the entire development life cycle to design, research, build, test, deploy, take ownership and support high-quality, reliable, fast services that power Snyk
- Making use of best practices and new technologies to maintain and extend our existing services
- Collaborating with product and other engineering teams to build a product everyone truly loves
- Continuously delivering high quality changes to production
- Identifying potential improvements in our team processes and workflows and driving the changes needed to address them
- Supporting and growing the other engineers in your team through pairing, feedback, and mentoring
- Investigating and addressing performance and scalability concerns across our services as we grow
- Evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
What You’ll Need:
- Top notch skills in TypeScript/NodeJS,
- Production-grade experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with helm, terraform and docker
- Experience working with MongoDB & PostgreSQL
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with messaging/events/stream-processing
- Willingness to take ownership over services/features
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have experience with DBT, Snowflake, Argo workflow & Kafka
- Have experience with multiple programming languages, and are interested in learning more
- Have experience contributing to a Growth team or working within a company who has embraced Product Led Growth practices
- Enjoy data driven decision making and have an analytical mindset
- Have helped scale a rapidly growing SaaS application
- Have been a part of a globally distributed team
- Have worked on large-scale distributed systems
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances