DevOps Engineer - Hybrid Team
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Snyk's mission is to empower developers to build more secure software with minimal investment in time and resources.
We are looking for a collaborative DevOps Engineer to join our Hybrid Team in the Platform Division. With your team, you will own the future product direction, development, testing and operational reliability of our services. You will be working with distributed teams across the UK, Europe, North America and Israel.
We are looking for engineers to join the following Snyk product team:
Snyk enables developers to scan their source code for security issues and provides meaningful and actionable results to fix those issues. Your dependencies are also scanned to help you manage the vulnerabilities and risks associated with them. We support different environments and integrations as part of the CI/CD, IDE Plugins and web experience as well. We try to bring a new, innovative and a fast experience into the dev driven Security product world.
The Hybrid team will handle all related matters for workloads deployed into customers’ networks, typically required by tighter than normal security constraints, yet allowing Snyk optimal service levels.
The main components include the Snyk Broker which allows remote access to private SCMs, as well as Snyk Code Local Engine, a hybrid cloud/on-prem offering that allows customers to scan their source code without uploading it to Snyk’s cloud services. We package these components appropriately for different needs, often as a helm chart to be deployed on customer’s kubernetes clusters.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Building the future hybrid platform, providing a consistent experience for customers when deploying required workloads in their networks.
- Defining, developing and maintaining configuration, infrastructure and developer experience of Snyk Broker and Snyk Code Local Engine.
- Raising the bar on Production Readiness, Incident response and analysis, and working with the relevant groups and teams to make this happen.
- Owning and delivering major features of the different services and products owned by the team.
- Pair-programming to collaboratively improve the end-to-end experience, supportability, and usage by other teams.
- Practicing Test-Driven Development (TDD) for Infrastructure.
- Providing and taking ownership over state of the art monitoring, alert and observability.
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated).
What You’ll Need:
- Thirst for knowledge and appetite to tackle challenging remote workloads constraints.
- Experience running and operating software on Kubernetes (expert level).
- Experience with workflow systems, event driven architecture and state of the art CI/CD best practices.
- Experience with a variety of cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Expert level skills with Helm and Terraform.
- Experience with infrastructure as code.
- Familiarity with establishing SLIs/SLOs, error budgets, and metrics on a variety of user flows.
- Experience with software engineering and systems engineering
- Experience with reducing toil required by internal teams through building and maintaining automation and observability tooling
- Experience of operational best practices including incident response and analysis
- Enjoy working as part of a team and teaching others
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Are passionate about all things security and reliability
- Are familiar with one of Typescript, NodeJS or Go
- Are familiar with Datadog, Prometheus and Grafana
- Are familiar with Argo Workflow/CD/Events
- Are familiar with Kubernetes on bare metal
- Are familiar with RedHat OpenShift
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances