Senior IT Security Operations Manager
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We are seeking a seasoned and strategic IT Security Operations Manager to lead the day-to-day operations of our IT Sec Ops function. The IT Security Operations Manager plays a key role in safeguarding Snyk’s critical IT infrastructure and data. You will be responsible for managing IT security incidents that involve IT systems, implementing proactive security measures to mitigate risks, and ensure business continuity. As a trusted advisor to senior leadership, you will provide expert guidance on security best practices and contribute to the ongoing development and refinement of our IT security posture
You'll spend your time:
- Leading the IT SecOps practice at Snyk
- Working cross-functionally in collaboration with our InfoSec and Trust orgs
- Participating in compliance and audit work such as ISO-27001, SOC2, SOX, and FedRAMP
- Driving continuous improvement by implementing industry best practices of implementing IT Systems
- Developing, Implement, and Oversee the monitoring and security analysis of IT systems
- Identifying, investigating, and remediating IT security incidents in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinating with other teams and stakeholders to address IT security concerns and vulnerabilities
- Ensuring we keep up-to-date on the latest security threats and trends, and provide regular threat intelligence updates to the team and leadership
- Developing and implement proactive IT security measures, such as vulnerability management, and patch management
- Managing and optimize IT security tools and technologies to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Contributing to the development and implementation of security policies and procedures
- Preparing and present IT security reports and metrics to senior leadership
- Participating in cross-functional projects and initiatives related to security
You should apply if:
- You have extensive experience within IT security operations, with a proven track record of success in a leadership role
- You have a strong understanding of security concepts, principles, and best practices
- You have worked with security tools and technologies, including SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, and vulnerability scanners
- You have excellent incident response and forensics skills
- You have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances