Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Accountant who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic and fast-paced environment to join our Romanian finance team.
This role will assist with monthly financial close for several Europe entities (including Romania, Switzerland, Portugal, Sweden, Finland, France). This position will also play a key role in process documentation, improvement and integration, as well as rolling out ongoing finance process improvement initiatives.
You’ll spend your time:
- identifying and recording monthly journal entries into our Netsuite accounting system as part of the financial close while adhering to the deadlines outlined in our monthly close calendar
- ensuring that each account on the trial balance has been reconciled and signed off in FloQast; working with internal groups for open issues and driving them to resolution
- performing flux analysis on the financials monthly to explain material movements in account balances and headcount with adequate commentary
- documenting our processes and evaluating our internal controls for the payroll, payables, fixed asset and other general ledger cycles and updating them at regular intervals; this includes working with cross functional teams to identify problems and process issues, developing and implementing creative solutions
- collaborating with internal teams such as the IT department to ensure our fixed asset records are accurate/reconciled and with revenue team for commissions
- calculating and communicating transfer price invoices to the parent company
- coordinating with the FP&A team to ensure all expenses are booked and/or allocated to the proper cost center
- proactively identifying process automation and improvement opportunities so that our processes are scalable and optimized (e.g. Romania NetSuite localization and SAF-T implementation, e-invoicing)
You should apply if you:
- have 4+ years of experience working in either public accounting or within the corporate finance department of a multinational company and have an accounting qualification (ACCA or equivalent);
- team player
- solid interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- ability to adapt quickly to changes in a dynamic environment in terms of both organizational structure and process
- capable of meeting tight deadlines
- proactive and problem-solving attitude
- can demonstrate strong excel skills using advanced functions such as VLOOKUP and pivot tables)
- have experience working on cross-functional teams in terms of implementing new systems and creating the related process documentation
- have experience preparing and providing required support for SOX and external audits
- are experienced preparing and explaining flux analysis for an entity that provides solid explanations for account variances
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have experience working in a SaaS company
- are proficient in NetSuite, FloQast, and Workday systems
- have a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and a solid understanding of financial reporting standards.
- Have experience preparing and providing required support for SOX compliance
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances