Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
The Finance team at Snyk is responsible for financial analysis and reporting for internal and external stakeholders. The team works cross-functionally with our Sales, Legal, and Senior Leadership to aid in agile decision-making.
As a Finance Co-op, you’ll have the opportunity to support the team with sales contract analysis, credit and billing reviews, financial reporting, and the planning/budgeting cycle.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Preparing ASC 606 revenue recognition and related contract data analysis on SMB contract cohorts
- Performing D&B credit analysis to assess collectability risk on small-to-medium business (SMB) cohorts
- Assisting with special projects including: CLM tagging of customer MSAs and Orders in legacy contracts repository
- Performing weekly, monthly, and quarterly analysis to inform the Financial Forecast and budget. Focus areas may include:
- Headcount & Attrition, Exchange Rates (FX), Cost of Revenue analysis (Infrastructure & Services), Travel & Entertainment (T&E)
- Researching and analyzing industry benchmarks to support investment and budget decisions
- Tracking ROI on major investment initiatives
- Preparing for the Annual Planning/Budget Cycle through template design & standardization
What You’ll Need:
- Current enrollment at Northeastern University, pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Fundamental understanding of financial analysis (i.e. planning & budgeting, etc.)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A team-first mentality and enjoy collaborating with others
- Current and future authorization to work in the United States
- To embody Snyk’s values: Care Deeply, One Team, Learn Always, Think Bigger, and Ship It
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances