Senior Data Engineer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to help build Snyk’s next-generation data product, Insights!
The new Snyk Insights combines Snyk’s entire product portfolio to create a 360-degree view of an application including all services, cloud resources, network traffic, images, build pipelines, and code. Through your work, you will enable Snyk to find new vulnerabilities, prioritize existing ones by finding evidence of exploitability, and explain exploitability using facts only made discoverable by bringing all data across the software development lifecycle into one queryable graph.
As a key team member, you’ll have the opportunity to build the future of how developers worldwide build more secure applications by enabling them to sift through the noise and focus on their most impactful work.
The Insights team uses a modified version of Shape Up, focusing on six-week iterations, and is distributed worldwide with members in Tel Aviv, London, Romania, the United States, and Canada.
You will help evolve the system into a platform, be responsible for keeping it online through occasional on-call rotations and have an enormous opportunity to impact the future of Snyk and the impact it has on developers worldwide.
Our current stack includes TypeScript, Golang, Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, Debezium, Postgres, DBT, and Snowflake. The broader Snyk technology stack includes Apache Spark, Python, Temporal, Helm, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Actively contributing code, building out critical systems, shaping our product, contributing to projects with a bias for action, and focusing on iterative delivery.
- Working with your team members to devise credible, actionable plans for transforming Snyk’s data and infrastructure into a scalable, near-real time data ecosystem
- Collaborating across all of Snyk to evangelize for new data sources, finding what data exists, and discovering how we can use this data to create high-confidence data sets that yield highly accurate results to our queries
- Working with other teams at Snyk to build new product experiences powered by Insight’s graph.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience contributing to data-driven systems and evolving them to support enterprise scale using technologies like Apache Kafka, Snowflake, Postgres, Object Storage, and DBT.
- Experience with your favorite statically typed programming language (such as Go, TypeScript, or similar)
- Experience maintaining data quality, reliability, and performance SLOs across multi-stage pipelines
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have experience building near-real-time product experiences using streaming technologies like Apache Flink
- Supplied data for or built infrastructure to power machine learning pipelines
- Have experience with graph database technologies like AWS Neptune or Neo4j
- Are excited about building internal platforms that accelerate product delivery times and enable innovation
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances