IT Helpdesk Specialist
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We're looking for a tech-savvy, personable, and organized individual to join our IT team as a Helpdesk Specialist in our Boston office. In this role, you’ll: provide technical support for Snykers, help facilitate internal usage of tools and systems, manage Snyk’s office IT infrastructure, and implement cross-functional IT initiatives that help enable Snyk to scale globally.
The IT team collaborates with all of Snyk’s departments to support the evaluation, implementation, and operation of technologies across different departments.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Supporting the day-to-day IT operations of Snyk’s Boston office, including networking and conferencing
- Managing IT tasks in the employee lifecycle (i.e. onboarding and offboarding)
- Understanding our current technology stack and its usage across the company, as well as current gaps and requirements for future tools and systems
- Collaborating with the CIS team in defining policies and procedures, and making recommendations for operational best practices
- Handling Jira tickets from employees to assist with IT-related questions or issues
- Identifying and prioritizing organizational opportunities for automation, software adoption.
What You’ll Need:
- 2-3 years of experience as an IT Specialist, Helpdesk Specialist, or System Administrator
- Experience working with macOS, Google Workspace, Okta, Jira, Slack, and Zoom in an enterprise setting
- Proficiency in operating and troubleshooting A/V equipment
- Familiarity with MDM solutions (Jamf, Intune, and JumpCloud)
- Enjoyment in building effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels of a company
- Excellent troubleshooting and investigation skills into hardware and software issues
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Drive and motivation to learn about technology
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Are skilled in writing instructional IT documentation
- Have experience creating automation with tools like Workato or Zapier
- Are proficient in scripting languages such as Python
- Have familiarity with administering Cisco Meraki hardware
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances