Lead People Insights & Analytics Partner
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
The Lead People Insights & Analytics Partner will drive the organization’s commitment to a high caliber employee experience, through the implementation and management of high-performance programming. The role will focus on curating insightful people data from our Workday-centered technology stack, and identifying trends and opportunities to make strategic, impactful decisions that enhance the employee experience. The successful individual is a compelling storyteller and designer, using dashboards and visualizations to engage stakeholders and process owners throughout the People team and across the organization.
The role will require a passion for driving efficient, effective, and memorable experiences in Customer Service and/or HR service delivery to ensure consistent service and drive the rigor necessary to enable the company to succeed at scale. This role reports to the VP, Global People Services
You'll Spend Your Time:
Insights & Analytics Program Management [60% time allocation]
- Oversees all People Analytics programming and products, including self-service reporting, visualizations, and dashboards (built using Workday and/or OneModel and other external or custom applications).
- Conceptualizes and builds high-impact data and analytics solutions to enable our People Team program success, enabling critical people decisions to be successfully driven by data.
- Designs, manages and evolves a compelling and innovative platform roadmap; driving strategy with stakeholders to understand key business questions, and to conceptualize and develop data products which proactively deliver scaled insights that inform and empower our leaders.
- Identifies, synthesizes and translates large amounts of data into meaningful insights, automating and digitizing solutions, to be used by all stakeholders: People Leadership Team, Executives, Strategy & Operations, as well Managers and Employees across the organization.
- Continually evaluates the effectiveness and impact of the data products by monitoring usage and collecting structured feedback. Iterates to ensure dashboards, reports, and visualizations are continuously improving and having the intended impact.
- Enables a data-driven culture through thought leadership, consultation, and training to educate clients on how to use data to tell stories and drive the adoption of self-service solutions; builds and manages ongoing end-user support offerings.
- Develops accountabilities for, and ensures compliance with Data Privacy and Data Protection Guidelines. Create, maintain, implement and evaluate quality control mechanisms to ensure quality assurance and data accuracy of key HR datasets and dashboards and defensibility of work product.
- Leverages Operational Effectiveness metrics/analytics to evaluate and identify process improvement and opportunities within the People Team, and the People Services function, in particular.
- Ensures the team stays current with tools and best practices of data visualization in the People space and proactively identify better solutions aligned to our roadmap.
Stakeholder Support & Engagement [30% time allocation]
- Partners with process and program owners & COEs to ensure the delivery of strong programming through Candidate Experience, Onboarding, Offboarding, Learning & Growth, and Employee Experience milestones
- Partners with IT, Security, and Business Application teams, to ensure consistent management of all People Tech system security, integrations, and enablement of enterprise-wide utilization of and reliance on People Data and organizational structures (e.g., SSO Provisioning, Payroll & GL)
- Partners with the organization’s Strategy & Ops team, to ensure consistent data and reporting, relative to People Data and organizational structures (e.g., Workforce Planning, People Team KPI)
- Trains employees and managers on effective use of the People Analytics tools and resources, fostering a broader and deeper comprehension of the organizational data and interrelationships between key content areas and performance indicators.
- Seeks to ensure all employee support and service protocols are conducted with a focus on the organization’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; escalates any policy or process that seems to undermine or limit the team’s ability to provide access to a world-class employee experience to all.
Data Integrity & Reporting [10% time allocation]
- Acts as a subject matter expert on all data associated with our People Tech (data architecture, functionality, data, reporting, etc); responsible for monitoring for highest data hygiene standards
- Develops and analyzes baseline reports & trendline dashboards for the People teams, and teams across the organization, using data from multiple sources and systems owned by the People teams
- Prepares executive briefing summaries for the Chief People Officer and Senior People Leadership Team, for quarterly business reviews and both recurring and ad-hoc cross-functional communications.
- Supports & enables all compliance-related reporting as dictated by local, federal, international and company-wide security needs, including EEO, Benefits Census & Tax, SOC controls, etc. in partnership with the People Operations team.
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of relevant functional analytical and/or technical experience, ideally including a leading role in the build-out of an analytics platform and practice
- Minimum 3-5 years experience enabling an HR/People Operations/Shared Service or similar high-performing, service-oriented team
- Demonstrated experience with People Analytics, including the development of baseline reports and trend dashboards, including data from multiple sources
- Demonstrated experience in defining new People Data sets, linking disparate datasets and generating insights from these datasets used within a broadly Predictive or Prescriptive Analytics program.
- Solid understanding of People processes and all enabling technologies
- Strong project management skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects and ad-hoc requests
- Proven record of success with attention to detail, creative problem solving capabilities and demonstrable self-driven initiative to improve operational processes
- Highly attuned discretion with regard to employee data, queries, transactions, and general support
- Hands-on Workday experience strongly preferred
We'd Be Lucky If You:
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening, facilitating and arbitrating discussions, and presenting ideas to groups large and small are all things you are good at. Among your strengths are the ability to effectively translate complex concepts and information into clear and effective messages, and to establish credibility for yourself and your team, in representing your broad are of subject matter expertise
- Comfortable with change, agility, and high-volume environments. You are able to work well under pressure, with limited direction and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights
- Possess a progressive and productive attitude and a positive demeanor; complete with the ability to accept constructive feedback and refine or adjust your approach.
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature; be ready to wear many hats. We’re a small, fast-growing team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on work that will make our entire organization successful
- Proactive and solutions-oriented. Hands-on approach and willingness to be involved with both strategic development and tactical implementation.
- Adapt quickly to changes impacting both technical and non-technical processes, policies and procedures
- Strong senses of both urgency and humor, ideally in equal doses!
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances