Software Engineer (Cloud Security Group)
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for an independent-minded, autodidact, and detail-oriented cloud security engineer to join our efforts to build a best-of-breed infrastructure-as-code security platform.You would be working on our brand new infrastructure-as-code security product, expanding our security covers from source code down to the infrastructure. We recognize that developers are increasingly working with technologies like Kubernetes & Terraform, and it can be hard to stay secure and move fast - we provide that peace of mind with this product.
In this role, you would be responsible for the best practice security policies that we recommend developers adopt to stay secure—working closely with the product team to identify customer needs and staying close to the technologies and community to identify security best practices.
You’ll spend your time:
- owning and expanding our cloud security policies ruleset to cover the newest cloud services across AWS, Azure, and GCP
- creating threat models and attack scenarios for container orchestrators and cloud provider services
- evaluating the latest infrastructure as code tooling for their security controls, working to develop recommended security best practices
- converting cloud security whitepapers, documentation and API reference material to automated cloud security checks
- writing code to automate our capability to create policies quickly
- talking to our customers, making sure we’re building a product they truly love
- collaborating with your team, planning the most important projects to work on next
- sharing your security expertise by presenting to internal teams, and writing technical blog posts
What You’ll Need:
- have experience with operating infrastructure on one or more public cloud platform providers (AWS /GCP/Azure) using infrastructure-as-code tooling
- have experience in Python
- have a software security mindset, you know the security and compliance best practices for AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- are passionate about writing high quality code that can be safely co-authored in a fast-growing organization
- practice writing tests as an integral part of your software development life-cycle
- communicate proactively and have a team-first mindset
- love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
We’d be Lucky if You:
- have experience with Open Policy Agent and have defined policies using Rego
- have experience with Kubernetes either as a stand-alone or as a hosted cloud-service (AWS ECS/EKS, GKE or Azure AKS)
- have experience with compliance programs (PCI, HIPAA, NIST, SOC II, etc.)
- have security research experience
- have a good track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers
- have strong community involvement (open source, conferences, meetups, etc.)
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances