Senior Software Engineer - Education team (Node.js / Typescript)
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
The Snyk Education team is on a mission to dramatically increase the number of educated, security-aware developers, leading to more secure software development for years to come. We will do this by becoming the one-stop, go-to destination for developers and security practitioners to learn about secure software practices and how to be successful with the Snyk platform through product training.
The team are responsible for training.snyk.io, learn.snyk.io, snyk.io/advisor, snippets.snyk.io, and security.snyk.io
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Building Education products and supporting infrastructure, such as Learning Management Software (LMS), to enable organizations to manage Security Education & Product Training programs using a self-serve system
- Bringing our Education technology to Snyk’s multi-region platform
- Pair-programming and collaboratively building the services that power Snyk Education
- Using best practices and new technologies to maintain and extend our existing services
- Working across the full stack and entire development life cycle to build, test, deploy, and support high-quality, reliable, fast services that power Snyk
- Collaborating with other teams to build a product everyone truly loves
- Continuously delivering small, high-quality changes to production at a sustainable pace
- Identifying potential improvements in our team processes and workflows and driving the changes needed to address them
- Supporting and growing the other engineers in your team through pairing, feedback, and mentoring
- Investigating and addressing performance and scalability concerns across our services as we grow
- Evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead.
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
What You’ll Need:
- The ability to talk about potentially complex technical concepts in ways that make it easy for others to understand
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have experience contributing to an educational platform, or other experience in the education or edtech fields
- Talked at conferences or presented to developer audiences
- Are familiar with distributed system architecture
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?