Staff Solutions Engineer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Location: Remote in Germany
Fluent German language skills are required
We’re looking for a driven, user-focussed Staff Solutions Engineer to interface between our customers (new and current!) and our product engineering teams, both supporting adoption of Snyk in new organizations and helping to evolve what Snyk has to offer.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Becoming a technical product expert, evangelist and coach, able to give technical sales demonstrations to customer and partners
- Educating customers and partners about the adoption of open source and cloud native technologies and the importance of empowering developers to stay secure
- Driving the technical aspects of the sale, providing demonstrations, managing proof of concepts, demonstrating product expertise and sharing best practice
- Interfacing with our channel partners, engineering, product and customer success teams to build solutions that actually solve our customers’ problems
- Shaping and informing decisions on new features based off your experience and feedback from customers and channel partners
- Working closely with channel partners to increase their proficiency in selling and supporting the Snyk solution through their sales process and beyond
- Working with channel partners to come up with joint value propositions, architect custom work-arounds and partner eco-system integrations
What You’ll Need:
- Fluency in German and English, both written and spoken
- 5+ years in the sales engineering, developer or security space
- Familiarity with a wide variety of coding languages and how they work
- A good knowledge of the developer and DevOps ecosystems and practices
- To love learning about new technologies and you’re curious about how things work under the hood
- To plan and succeed, setting milestones along the way, over communicate, create alignment, rally resources and satisfying stakeholders
- Experience working closely with highly technical customers at Enterprise level in DACH
- To understand people and what makes them tick
- A team-oriented mindset
- To care about diversity and enjoy meeting people from all walks of life
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have worked in early stage, fast growth startups… especially in developer tooling!
- Love to teach and coaching is a habit
- A developer background or any kind of experience with coding
- Prior experience in a direct or matrixed role with a proven ability to work across broad functional teams
- Fluency in any other additional languages
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?