Deputy Chief of Staff
The Assistant Chief of Staff is a pivotal role, based in Chicago, supporting the Smartly CEO & Chief of Staff. This role is integral in representing the CEO, the company, and the brand to various stakeholders. As a key collaborator, the Assistant Chief of Staff will work closely with the Leadership Team, Providence, and the Board of Directors. Unlike the executive assistant role, this position places a strong emphasis on crafting effective communication materials & fostering a culture of transparent and efficient information exchange. The Assistant Chief of Staff must operate with utmost discretion & confidentiality.
Description of Duties
- Organize & Coordinate: Efficiently organize and coordinate ideas, projects, people, and resources, with a specific focus on enhancing communication strategies and materials
- Communicate: Craft compelling and visually engaging communication materials, specifically slides, to effectively convey the vision, ideas, and projects to relevant stakeholders. Provide guidance on content creation, offer context, and connect dots across the Leadership Team
- Delegate & Extend: Delegate projects and tasks to appropriate individuals, providing support and ensuring accountability for results
- Build and run cadence for the creation of communications materials, ensuring impactful presentations and clear communication
- Provide support for go-to-market functions, including such items as sales decks, partnership proposals, and marketing events
- Lead and oversee cross-functional material creation, facilitating special projects with a keen focus on action & accountability
- Operate at a tactical, strategic, and operational level, overseeing communication projects as needed
- Coordinate communication between Leadership Team members, bridging gaps in organizational structure, and supporting cross-functional collaboration
- Serve as the CEO's communication extension, managing information flow, filtering work/requests, and facilitating internal and external stakeholder communications
- Promote Team Integration through effective communication strategies
- Track high-priority communication initiatives, KPIs, and outcomes
- Act as a thought partner and advisor, providing insights into company culture & dynamics at ground level
- Provide & integrate analysis & recommendations
- Set expectations and act as a translator for staff when necessary, ensuring clarity & alignment
- Travel with CEO when needed, to provide on-the-ground support during key events / activities
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to simplify complexity & communicate effectively to relevant stakeholders, with a strong focus on visual communication
- Willingness and ability to conduct/oversee analyses
- Familiarity with a wide range of functional roles and areas of focus, demonstrating confidence in engaging and pressure testing leadership's current thinking
- Self-prioritization and motivation skills, enabling independent work without continuous intervention from management
- Facilitate information flows throughout the organization, breaking existing silos and fostering transparent communication
We're looking for you if you are / have:
- 3-5 years of experience in relevant industries: especially candidates with a strong background in consulting, investment banking, and/or technology, bringing valuable insights to the role.
- Strategic Leader: Your ability to lead and motivate teams towards organizational goals is essential.
- Excellent Communicator: Clear and concise communication is your strength, making you an effective bridge between executives and team members.
- Adaptable Problem Solver: Complex problems don't intimidate you; you excel in identifying and solving them with a mix of analytical thinking and creativity.
- Trustworthy and Discreet: With access to sensitive information, your trustworthiness and discretion are paramount.
Smartly.io is the AI-powered advertising technology company transforming ad experiences for brands and their consumers. Our comprehensive advertising platform seamlessly integrates the capabilities of media, creative, and intelligence to power more than 800 billion impressions and generate more than 300 billion creatives annually, delivering tangible business outcomes for brands and advertisers. We are the only company managing creative and media for 700+ brands worldwide and $5B in ad spend across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Google, Instagram, Pinterest, Snap, and TikTok. Our end-to-end technology, unmatched access to media platforms and exceptional customer service help Fortune 500 brands to reach and engage consumers and learn what performs best.
Visit Smartly.io to learn more.