Software Engineer (Reporting and Integrations)
Are you an accomplished engineer ready for an exciting journey into the core of data aggregation and reporting? Join our vibrant Bobby Tables team as a Software Engineer and be at the forefront of transforming our Reporting product!
About the Team:
Smartly.io proudly houses Bobby Tables, a team dedicated to crafting a robust reporting ecosystem. Our number-crunching service, a critical component of the Smartly.io AI-powered advertising platform, efficiently handles diverse data sources, making it an indispensable data powerhouse. Clients effortlessly analyze ad campaign performances with our intuitive report builder and data visualizer tool.
The customer-facing interface to the online analytical processing (OLAP) system for complex analysis is viewed by 90% of our customers and provides a framework for a variety of Campaign Management and Optimization features. In the backend the challenges lie in a massive database scale (several terabytes of data), complex database queries with a flexible query language via REST API, and collaboration with numerous stakeholders on both client and data ingestion sides. The data structures have evolved from being focused on one ad-serving channel to being abstract cross-channel. Reporting engine uptime SLO is 99.95% - we implement best practices in rolling out changes to achieve the target of being a stable data source for our customers, both internal and external.
Technologies we use: React, Ruby with Active Record, PostgreSQL with Citus extension, Node.js-powered services for data ingestion. Check out our Engineering at Smartly.io site to learn how our engineering and product development work.
As a Software Engineer, You Will:
- Empower Smartly.io teams, making Reporting and Integrations solutions more self-sufficient.
- Enable seamless data exchange and report generation for other teams.
- Improve data visualization in Smartly.io product.
- Help teams use the framework that the team has been building in an efficient way, and collect technical feedback for future improvements.
- Plan, implement, and support enhancements to our Reporting engine, covering both the backend and frontend.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams – Designers, Lead Engineers, Engineering Managers, and Product Managers.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in backend development.
- Knowledge and experience in advanced React techniques and experience in large frontend applications.
- Flexibility to craft efficient code across diverse languages and paradigms (while knowledge of Ruby, React, and TypeScript is advantageous, it's not a strict requirement).
- Ability to read and operate complex SQL queries.
- Understanding of the unique challenges in larger engineering organizations (200+ developers).
- A self-driven attitude with a genuine curiosity to comprehend the business context.
What We Offer You:
- Inclusive Culture: Thrive in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. With a team of 650+ Smartlies representing 60+ nationalities across 24 locations in 13 countries, we believe in a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback.
- Global Impact: Be part of a company making a global impact, leading to profitable long-term growth. Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that your work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business.
- Wellbeing Focus: Prioritize your health with generous healthcare packages and mental health services. We encourage a healthy work-life balance with paid holidays, OOO time, and family leaves.
- Total Rewards: Everyone at Smartly.io is an owner with our equity options program and performance-based grants. We recognize success with compensation, benefits, and career development opportunities. Maximize Learning is our value, supporting growth through on-the-job learning, feedback, self-development, training, and mentoring.
- Hybrid Workplace: Enjoy the freedom of a hybrid work model, balancing two days at the office and three days in your preferred setup with the option to work abroad for up to 30 days.
Smartly.io is committed to being the best place to work for growth-minded individuals to thrive - explore more in our Culture Handbook!
What to Expect from Our Recruitment Experience:
- Meet your Recruiter: Get to know each other and learn about working at Smartly.io.
- Meet the Team Lead: Gain deeper insights into your future team.
- Meet the Team in Technical Interviews: Engage in an interactive coding interview followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Meet the Leadership in a Final Meeting: A brief discussion with our VP of Engineering.
Apply Now and Shape Your Future with Smartly.io!
Smartly.io is the AI-powered advertising technology company transforming ad experiences for brands and their consumers. Our comprehensive advertising platform seamlessly integrates the capabilities of media, creative, and intelligence to power more than 800 billion impressions and generate more than 300 billion creatives annually, delivering tangible business outcomes for brands and advertisers. We are the only company managing creative and media for 700+ brands worldwide and $5B in ad spend across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Google, Instagram, Pinterest, Snap, and TikTok. Our end-to-end technology, unmatched access to media platforms and exceptional customer service help Fortune 500 brands to reach and engage consumers and learn what performs best.
Visit Smartly.io to learn more.