Senior Software Engineer (backend focus)
We are looking for a Backend-focused Senior Software Engineer to join our Creative Group at Smartly and take part in a large-scale integration project between Smartly.io and our latest acquisition Ad-lib.io. In this role you will take ownership of working on the integrations between two large-scale and established products that have already a large customer base. Your work will for example include data migrations, development of both existing and new features, and seeking alignment between the products when it comes to customer identification, asset management and rendering digital advertisements.
We are technology agnostic and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favoured stack is Node.js in combination with TypeScript usually coupled with PostgreSQL.
You can read more about Engineering at Smartly here.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will...
- Documenting our services and communicating our offerings to other teams within Smartly
- Defining, designing and owning API contracts made for internal and external stakeholders
- Focus on well-designed and well-executed software, quality matters
- Be a core contributor of our Creative Engineering Group's ambitions and product offering
- Work with our stakeholders - be them UX, product, infrastructure or our support function - to ensure we meet customers where they are
- Apply and enhance your soft skills through working closely with your colleagues and our customers
What we are looking for...
- Experience in backend development using modern technologies.
- Experience in building robust, complex and distributed web applications
- Interest towards building large scale integrations, bonus points for experience in this area
- Passion to drive best possible technical architecture choices, and be fearless to when facing unknown new challenges
- Motivation for solving customers problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace
- Ability to work in a hybrid capacity from our Helsinki office 2 days a week (more if you like)
What we offer you...
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavor to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Meeting the team lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: You will take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Final meeting: As the final interview we will have a short discussion with our VP of Engineering to learn more about the higher level goals and plans for the Group.
Smartly.io is the AI-powered advertising technology company transforming ad experiences for brands and their consumers. Our comprehensive advertising platform seamlessly integrates the capabilities of media, creative, and intelligence to power more than 800 billion impressions and generate more than 300 billion creatives annually, delivering tangible business outcomes for brands and advertisers. We are the only company managing creative and media for 700+ brands worldwide and $5B in ad spend across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Google, Instagram, Pinterest, Snap, and TikTok. Our end-to-end technology, unmatched access to media platforms and exceptional customer service help Fortune 500 brands to reach and engage consumers and learn what performs best.
Visit Smartly.io to learn more.