We're looking for a DevOps — Site Reliability Engineer to work closely with the development teams and customer-facing teams to continuously improve, support, secure, and operate our production and test environments.
We believe in automating our infrastructure as much as possible and pursuing challenging problems in a sustainable and repeatable way. Currently, our infrastructure processes petabytes of data every month through hundreds of servers.
- Hybrid Cloud: 2000+ dedicated servers, supplemented with a mix of private and public cloud
- Infrastructure as code: Ansible and Terraform
- Kubernetes “the hard way” on 1000+ dedicated servers
- We also run supporting infrastructure like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, VictoriaMetrics, HAProxy, Clickhouse and more
We are currently working in a hybrid mode where the team visits the office twice a week.
- Production experience with distributed/scalable systems and/or high traffic web applications
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems
- Knowledge of how the web works and HTTP fundamentals
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
Bonus points, if you have:
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language. Smartly uses e.g. Python, Ruby, NodeJS, PHP
- Experience in containerising applications and deployment to production (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in building modern infrastructure in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Experience in SQL, building complex queries and debugging query performance
- Experience with SQL databases like PostgreSQL, NoSQL stores like Redis or anything in between
- Knowledge in good security practices, including network security, system hardening, secure software
- Familiarity with automated build pipelines, continuous integration, delivery and deployment. Currently we're deploying to production 20 times per day!
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines
What we offer you:
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavor to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.