Lead Software Engineer (Core Platform Services)
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team Enigma which is part of the Infrastructure Group at Smartly and responsible for handling Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Billing. Our team solves broad and complex problems to ensure secure authentication, robust and flexible authorization as well as reliable & efficient billing engine for our leading SaaS platform. We develop and maintain several microservices which are built mainly using TypeScript, Node.js, Koa, Postgres, Ruby, RabbitMQ and run in our Kubernetes clusters.
Problems that we solve…
- User Identity and Access Management, including Role-Based Access Control (RBAC).
- Authentication and login methods, including Single Sign-On (SSO) with SAML and OpenID.
- Authorization mechanisms to control access to various modules of our platform to fit the needs of different customers.
- Billing engine, invoicing & reporting.
Read more about engineering at Smartly.io here.
What you’ll do…
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team, ensuring the team is aligned with the company’s goals & visions as well as delivering the targets assigned to the team.
- Lead the architecture design and technical implementation of the new and existing solutions in the areas owned by the team.
- Mentor other team members on software development practices and propagate best practices such as testing, monitoring, or clean code.
- Write maintainable, robust, and well-tested, mainly backend code (TypeScript, Node.js & Ruby) but occasionally frontend code (TypeScript, React) as well.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including product management, infrastructure, and our support function.
What we are looking for...
- Several years of experience developing distributed systems in a modern service-oriented architecture.
- Professional backend experience with TypeScript, Node.js and Ruby and good understanding of frontend development.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design principles.
- Demonstrated success in leading and driving technical initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for collaborating with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and upper management.
What we offer you...
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavor to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: getting to know each other.
- Meeting the Engineering Manager: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers, followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture. As the final interview you will have a discussion with our Engineering Director to get to know more about the higher level plans and goals in the Infrastructure Group.
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.