Backend Engineer (Devops Tooling)
Our team Vulcan builds the tools that build the tools. We work on many aspects of developer tooling at Smartly.io, from CI (we use GitHub Actions mostly) to our own development environment management tool (Devbox) that manages development environments for developers in our Kubernetes clusters. We are a team of five engineers helping other Smartly.io developers to be more effective in their day-to-day work.
If you're interested in learning more about what we are doing please take a look at this YouTube video about DevBox.
What You'll Do...
- Maintain and extend our CI framework in our GitHub Actions environment, helping developers automate the tasks needed to get their software into production.
- Maintain and improve our development environment tooling and development Kubernetes clusters.
- Work with TypeScript, Node.js, Ruby and bash.
- Help our developers implement best practices in their projects.
- Pilot/Prototype new infrastructure capabilities and introduce them to dev teams.
Who We're Looking for...
- Experienced developer that has set up development environments for and deployed significant projects
- Background in developer tooling or CI that has been used by other developers.
- An interest in the infrastructure side of software engineering, bonus if you have some DevOps experience.
- Knowledge in building robust systems that handle multiple points of failure gracefully. Deployments fail, but that failure can’t affect production environments.
- Someone comfortable with a Unix shell or similar.
- Ability to work in a hybrid capacity from our Helsinki office 2 days a week (more if you like)
What we offer you...
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You will also be working closely with our developers across the organization and with multiple technologies. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavour to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.