Senior Frontend Engineer (Creative Editor)
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join team Kino, the team responsible for building out our video and image template editors. For some more context as to what they build out, check out this official support article.
As part of team Kino, you will be responsible for a flagship part of Smartly's product offering, and will have a massive impact on the company's ambitions for the future. Our customers rely on our creative production tooling to generate tens of millions of advertising creatives, and your future team will be placed in the center of all of this effort.
We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. Our editor canvas is built using React/Redux with TypeScript. We manage a public API for other internal services that consume our creative templates. Our service runs on NodeJS orchestrated by Kubernetes. We also integrate with some BI tools (Snowflake, Redash, Google) for analysis of our creatives used across social advertising platforms. We use Webpack and Github Actions for our build and deployment pipeline.
We will be focusing heavily on bringing new innovations to the editor, all the while reacting to customer demand and feedback. Our templating solutions are in heavy use: during peak times, we've rendered 16 billion (16 000 000 000) images on hundreds of servers monthly.
Read more about team Editor's work in our blog:
As Frontend Engineer you will...
- Manage modern backend systems that power thousands of creatives daily
- Work with our multi-platform infrastructure and integrating into different types of data sources
- Design, build and scale a web-hosted creative editor (think After Effects in your browser) for the most advanced performance marketers and designers
- Write maintainable, robust and well tested code.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders, including working with product managers and engineers from multiple different teams to create great user experiences.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior engineers in the team.
What we are looking for...
- Understanding of React/Redux functional programming patterns
- Solid skills in NodeJS
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with TypeScript
- Team player mentality and genuine interest to support and mentor junior team members
- Motivation for solving customers' problems and delivering value to customers with quality
What We Offer:
Joining Smartly.io means becoming an integral part of our product's DNA. Every team member has a stake in our success, and your contributions will directly impact our customers and business growth. We're all about ownership and empowerment, supporting you every step of the way. We believe in having a healthy work-life balance and a welcoming culture that embraces diversity, including your unique viewpoint. Expect a competitive salary, enticing option packages, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.