Senior Media Research & Insights Manager
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Media Research & Insights professional to join our growing team at Smartly.io as a high impact individual contributor!
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Product Marketing, your focus will be on researching current trends in social media, commerce and consumer usage as well as fielding new research with partners.
This is a dynamic opportunity for you to develop and implement thought-leadership activities and education (using primary and secondary research, as well as first-party data) designed to address the challenges and opportunities for growth facing marketers and digital advertising platforms. Collaborating regularly with Sales and Customer Success teams you will provide research that moves the needle with Smartly.io customers and supports our overall business objectives.
As the Senior Media Research & Insights Manager at Smartly.io you will….
- Nurture relationships with cross-functional counterparts globally to advise priorities and proactive initiatives
- Enable a customer-centric organization by understanding the needs and motivations of our customers
- Capture and interpret research and insights including vertical/category research, ad spend trends, audience insights, and competitor analysis to build marketing initiatives and ensure brand success
- Work closely with the Smartly Data Science team to advance the insights revealed from data analytics through the lens of media research and the consumer
- Develop a deeper understanding of the social media advertising industry trends, media mix shifts, and competitors
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies, working with key external vendors
- Distill sophisticated research concepts into simple, relevant terms for internal and external customers both technical and non technical
- Fuel growth by delivering actionable insights that influence decision making across marketing and commercial efforts
- Manage third-party data source partners, including: Forrester, Kantar, Nielsen, eMarketer etc.
We are looking for you if you have/are…
- 10 + years of media research experience ideally within AdTech, Social Media, SaaS, or a media agency
- Familiarity with industry audience research currencies, especially in digital (Nielsen, Forrester, comScore, GWI, Kantar etc.)
- The mindset that research is critical to business growth, not a function.
- Proactive and curious with a passion for research and awareness of new research techniques
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and proficient in core statistical models (eg. SPSS)
- Solid vendor and industry relationships
- A creative storyteller with a knack for using insights to inform and guide a narrative
- A self-motivated, data savvy, and organized individual with the ability to produce deliverables on-time at a very high bar
- A standout colleague able to equally lead discussions and be a great listener
- The ability to balance multiple projects at once and prioritize work according to business priorities
Perks and Benefits...
- Five weeks paid time off (PTO), 11 company paid holidays, unlimited sick days
- Generous healthcare packages & mental health benefits
- Monthly wellness benefit and learning reimbursement opportunities
- 401K plus matching & equity grants for all new Smartlies
- Volunteer time off days & company donation matching opportunities
- And so much more…
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.