Senior Group Financial Controller
We are looking for a Senior Group Financial Controller to join our Global Finance Team in London or Helsinki.
This role reports directly to the Group CFO and would suit an ambitious and driven finance professional who is keen to expand their experience and involvement with the business.
As Group Financial Controller, you’ll have oversight of the accounting function, with reports in the UK, Helsinki & Manila, and be responsible for managing a team of c.20.
In a fast-growth environment we need to continually evolve, and so you’ll be proactively driving change and improvements as we continue to scale - hence you will be integral to progressing a robust controls environment and ensuring best-practice financial operations in a multi-site business.
As the Senior Group Financial Controller at Smartly.io you will…
- Execution of financial reporting across the group (including reporting in IFRS, US GAAP and local GAAP)
- Oversee & manage the Audit relationship (Deloitte), along with other relevant advisers e.g. taxation (KPMG)
- Progress a robust financial control framework & ensure strong financial governance
- Lead on accounting policies and local accounting compliance
- Drive cash management/treasury, transfer pricing and working capital aspects
- Managing the integrity of the Group consolidation process
- Trade working capital analysis, oversight and improvement
- Support internal reporting on KPI performance
- Improve and upgrade financial systems as required (Netsuite, Workday, Expensify, ADP)
- Supporting the Group CFO with the businesses various stakeholders (Board, Private Equity, Leadership Team)
- Lead, manage, develop & progress the Finance & Accounting Team
We're definitely looking for you, if you…
- Are a qualified accountant (ideally ACA) with a minimum of 3-5 years of post-qualified experience, ideally gained within a tech business
- Are a team player, with a growth mindset and a positive attitude to getting stuck into a variety of tasks
- Have experience with the design, implementation and maintenance of accounting and financial management processes
- Have a track record of working in scale-up businesses, particularly ones which have a presence overseas
- Have strong technical accounting skills
- Have the ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Have working knowledge of NetSuite
- Are able to work in a hybrid capacity from our London office 2 days a week (more if you like)
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.