Backend Engineer (Feed Management)
We are looking for an experienced backend focused engineer to join team Aqueduct, a team building our feed management solution for large-scale cross-platform social advertising. We are looking for a seasoned professional to enable the long-term growth and product success for the team.
For our customers, providing e.g. product, hotel or flight data as feeds can unlock the potential of creative automation with image templates as well as many other nifty features of Smartly.io app. As we are supporting more and more social channels we want to develop our robust feed management platform to serve them all from a one-stop shop. For this, we are looking for a person familiar with solving complex technical problems, who can also seize learning opportunities and share them with the team.
Aqueduct has a backend written in Ruby on Rails. As the team will be starting new projects with some frontend work, you will have the chance to also learn and work with modern frontend technologies like React and Typescript.
Projects you get to work with…
- In the long term our goal is to provide feed management as a service to all of our channel specific development teams as well as to create a customer facing interface where feeds can be configured and connected to various social channels.
- Your day to day work will focus on building and supporting very important features for your fellow engineers across the organization so you get to work with multiple teams in close collaboration
What we are looking for…
- Work experience in converting business requirements into technical solutions
- Active “ready-to-share” attitude when it comes to learnings and improvement ideas
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is considered as an asset
What we offer you:
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavor to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Final meeting: As the final interview we will have a short discussion with our VP of Engineering to learn more about the higher level goals and plans for the Group.
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.