Senior Fullstack Engineer (Node.js/React)
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join team Creators focusing on Creative Management and Asset Storage. The team has two primary responsibilities. Firstly, the team is in charge of the Asset Library, a specialized service dedicated to storing and optimizing media assets such as fonts, rendered images, and videos. Secondly, the team handles the feed data management tool, empowering our customers to efficiently manage and run ad campaigns across multiple platforms. This team's work stands at the core of the Creative Group's product offering, and offers a great deal of engineering challenges and growth opportunities!
We are technology agnostic and always strive to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favoured stack is Node.js in combination with TypeScript usually coupled with PostgreSQL and/or RabbitMQ. On the front-end side of things, React with TypeScript is the flavour du jour.
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer you will...
- Have end-to-end ownership of vertical slices of our platform
- Documenting our services and communicating our offerings to other teams within Smartly
- Defining, designing and owning API contracts made for internal and external stakeholders
- Focus on well-designed and well-executed software, quality matters
- Be a core contributor of our Creative Engineering Group's ambitions and product offering
- Work with our stakeholders - be them UX, product, infrastructure or our support function - to ensure we meet customers where they are
- Apply and enhance your soft skills through working closely with our customers and your peers
What we are looking for...
- Experience in backend development using modern technologies. We use mostly NodeJS and Typescript, but we are open to hear more about technologies used by you
- Experience in building robust, complex and distributed web applications
- Motivation for solving customers problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace
What we offer you...
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact our customers and our business. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavour to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: You will take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Final meeting: As the final interview we will have a short discussion with our VP of Engineering to learn more about the higher level goals and plans for the Group.
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.