Senior Fullstack Engineer (Node/Typescript)
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join team Fluid, the team responsible for expanding our creative templates capabilities. For some more context as to what they build out, check out the official support article.
As part of team Fluid, you will be responsible for a flagship part of Smartly product offering, and will have an extensive impact on the company's ambitions for the future. Our customers rely on our creative production tooling to generate tens of millions of advertising creatives, and your future team will be placed in the center of all of this effort.
We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. Our tools are built using React/Redux with TypeScript. We manage a public API for other internal services that consume our creative templates. Our service runs on NodeJS orchestrated by Kubernetes. We also integrate with some BI tools (Snowflake, Redash, Google) for analysis of our creatives used across social advertising platforms. We use Webpack and Github Actions for our build and deployment pipeline.
We will be focusing heavily on bringing new innovations to the Creative Group, all the while reacting to customer demand and feedback. Our templating solutions are in heavy use: during peak times, we've rendered 16 billion (16 000 000 000) images on hundreds of servers monthly.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will...
- Work with our multi-platform infrastructure and integrate into different types of data sources.
- Design, build and scale web-hosted creative templates (think After Effects in your browser) for the most advanced performance marketers and designers.
- Write maintainable, robust and well tested code.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders, including working with product managers and engineers from multiple different teams to create great user experiences.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior engineers in the team.
What we are looking for...
- Understanding of React/Redux functional programming patterns
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience in backend development using modern technologies
- Team player mentality and genuine interest to support and mentor junior team members
- Work experience in converting business requirements into technical solutions
- Active “ready-to-share” attitude when it comes to learnings and improvement ideas
- Motivation for solving customers' problems and delivering value to customers with quality
What we offer you...
- You'll have a significant personal impact on the products we're building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- Autonomous team in control of how they work and what tools and technologies they use.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Perks and company sponsored activities (including but not limited to): learning budget for professional development materials & courses, and quarterly team activity day.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion about Systems Design and Architecture.
- Meet the Management: a call with the Engineering leadership.
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.