Junior Aircraft Mechanical Technician
Skydweller Aero Inc. is a transatlantic cutting-edge aerospace company developing solar powered aircraft solutions capable of achieving perpetual flight with heavy, and powerful payload capacity. Utilizing technology based upon the longest continuous manned renewably powered flight program in history, this fast-growing startup is developing a new class of unmanned aircraft, providing the persistence of geosynchronous satellites with the powerful sensing capabilities and the flexibility of a large, airborne platform. Skydweller Aero Inc. has World and US headquarters in Oklahoma City and European offices headquartered in Spain.
- Be able to understand aeronautical documentation.
- Perform aircraft assembly, maintenance, and repair functions.
- Be able to write operating instructions and assembly guides.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines, protocols, and regulations applicable to working with complex mechanical systems, hazardous materials, and testing environments.
- Participate in the setup and execution of tests involving mechanical systems and components, following established procedures and safety protocols.
- Collect data during testing and assist in analyzing results to identify anomalies, discrepancies, or improvements needed.
- Have autonomy at work and provide support when necessary.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of maintenance activities, repairs performed, and test results obtained.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in mechanical technology and space exploration systems.
- Be based at Stennis International Airport, Mississippi.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical/vocational training or associate's degree in mechanical technology, or aerospace engineering, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience ( 3+ years) as a maintenance technician, preferably in a similar field involving complex machinery or testing environments, is desirable or ability to demonstrate hands on experience through another method.
- Able to climb ladders, use forklift and scissor lift.
- Knowledge about aircraft, or UAV assemblies, systems, and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge in Maintenance Manuals, IPC and aeronautical documentation.
- Understanding of composite materials in desirable.
- Familiar with Wiring Diagrams.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and precision in work.
- Teamwork abilities.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as needed for testing and maintenance activities.
- Full valid driving licence.
Preferred Tools / Process Experience
- Microsoft Office
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
- Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
- Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
- Stock options: all FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
- Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.