System Test Engineer
Skydweller Aero Inc. is a transatlantic cutting-edge aerospace company developing solar powered aircraft solutions capable of achieving perpetual flight with heavy, and powerful payload capacity. Utilizing technology based upon the longest continuous renewably powered flight program in history, this fast-growing startup is developing a new class of unmanned aircraft, providing the persistence of geosynchronous satellites with the powerful sensing capabilities and the flexibility of a large, airborne platform. Skydweller Aero Inc. has World and US headquarters in Oklahoma City and European offices headquartered in Spain.
We are looking for an innovative electronics, aeronautical or telecommunications engineer to work as a System Test Engineer.
The work covers a wide range of activities including laboratory management and conducting bench and aircraft tests (Ground Tests).
Must be a person with a high level of initiative and proactivity, being flexible to adapt to an operational and reactive environment.
Open and positive mindset and ability to work as a team player.
Master's level education in Aerospace Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or Electronics.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and comprehensive knowledge of System Test engineering and/or System Integration.
- Hands-on system test experience with an assembly/process development and equipment related background is necessary.
- Provide direct support to the Systems Testing Department, fulfilling the following responsibilities and support activities.
- Supporting the execution of functional testing of systems in the lab and on the aircraft.
- Analyze data obtained during the testing phase and evaluate if it conforms to test requirements.
- Follow-up of detected discrepancies, verifying the implemented solution.
- Support to test planning and documentation (generation of test procedures, work orders, results reports, etc).
- Support configuration control activities in the lab, inventory management, calibrations, etc.
- Attend meetings and participate in the design and implementation of processes in the department.
- Knowledge of aeronautical or industrial instrumentation, networks and communication protocols (ARINC, CAN bus, Ethernet).
- Knowledge or experience in programming or scripting languages (C, Python, TCL, Matlab) must be a plus.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems
- Knowledge of a requirements management tool (DOORS, Polarion, etc).
- Enthusiasm for technical challenges and problem solving
- High level of English
- Strong capability to work well in a team-based environment and promote teamwork.
- Excellent organizational skills, capable of developing, maintaining, and reporting out on project plans and status.
- High motivation with good organizational and analytical/technical problem-solving skills.
- Technical writing skills to document and update assembly work instructions, quality system procedures, as well as engineering protocols and reports.
- Comfortable working with and around both mechanical and electrical tools and equipment.
1. Please ensure your resume (CV) is in English.
2. Also please do not have more than one job application, rather apply to one position and refer to other positions that you are interested in, in the NOTES section.
3. Since BambooHR is a 3rd party software, please always check your spam folder for our responses.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
- Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
- Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
- Wellness programs: we offer wellness programs that promote healthy living and can include things like gym memberships, nutrition counseling, or stress-management classes.
- Stock options: all FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
- Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.