Embedded Software Engineer
Skydweller Aero Inc. is a transatlantic cutting-edge aerospace company developing solar powered aircraft solutions capable of achieving perpetual flight with heavy, and powerful payload capacity. Utilizing technology based upon the longest continuous renewably powered flight program in history, this fast-growing startup is developing a new class of unmanned aircraft, providing the persistence of geosynchronous satellites with the powerful sensing capabilities and the flexibility of a large, airborne platform. Skydweller Aero Inc. has World and US headquarters in Oklahoma City and European offices headquartered in Spain.
Skydweller Aero is looking for motivated, process-oriented and creative software engineers to join the embedded software team to develop safety-critical code for the UAV and ground station. The job includes full lifecycle development following DO-178C objectives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Software is developed with model-based software tools, and experience with SCADE Suite is preferred. The responsibilities include:
- Responsible for writing code for UAS command and control
- Responsible for writing code to interface with modems/radios onboard the aircraft and within the control system
- Responsible for writing code to interface with payloads onboard the Skydweller UAS
- Work independently to understand all interface requirements for modems/radios/payloads and write the low-level code to remotely manage these systems
- Work with other team members to define the overall aircraft networking architecture, communications protocol, and equipment requirements
- Developing safety-critical and mission-critical software using SCADE
- Decomposing and deriving software requirements that address safety, security, and performance in addition to baseline functional requirements
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to design efficient, safe code
- Documenting the software design
- Support software test and systems engineering in reviewing and updating the design
- Experience writing code to interface with subsystems onboard aircraft
- Experience in safety-critical or mission-critical embedded systems
- Applied experience with hard real-time operating systems and embedded systems
- Software development in model-based software tools
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact well in diverse team environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Related Field
- 1+ years of experience using SCADE Suite or Simulink
- 3+ years of experience in aerospace, automotive, railway, or defense industries in embedded software development
- Working knowledge of DO-178C
- Working knowledge of UAS command and control and STANAG 4586
- Experience working in hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) or system integration labs (SIL)
- SCADE Architect
- SCADE Suite
Development Assurance Requirements:
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Mission Critical
- Embedded Software
1. Please ensure your resume (CV) is in English.
2. Also please do not have more than one job application, rather apply to one position and refer to other positions that you are interested in, in the NOTES section.
3. Since BambooHR is a 3rd party software, please always check your spam folder for our responses.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
- Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
- Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
- Wellness programs: we offer wellness programs that promote healthy living and can include things like gym memberships, nutrition counseling, or stress-management classes.
- Stock options: all FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
- Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.