Software Engineer - Mobile
At Shara, we’re building for a future where African banking is free, frictionless, branchless, and driven by user experience. Where banks are an enabler of the economy, not a tax on it. Where bankers no longer get away with mopping up deposits of the masses, to lend to the few. We believe this future of banking is inevitable, and we want to be the first to build it.
We’re an all-in team of founder-quality people across Kenya, Nigeria, and the US, looking for peers to join us. We care about results, not hours logged. If you’re more comfortable in a Nairobi market or Lagos bus stop than a big corporate office and want to work with switched-on product, engineering, and finance teams building for millions of underserved African SMEs and consumers, we’d love to chat with you. If you’re a no-drama, roll up your sleeves, hop on a flight tomorrow, a customer-driven person who can build from day one, we can’t wait for you to join us.
About this role
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Mobile Engineering team and help build a modern, secure mobile app that will help redefine what’s possible in banking.
In this role, you will:
- Write & maintain well-tested and documented code..
- Take a high level of ownership and responsibility for the work that you do.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders such as Product Managers, Designers, and others to successfully execute and deliver features.
- Make tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
What you bring to the table
- Strong technical background, with 3+ years of hands-on experience, building mobile applications.
- Hands-on experience with or a willingness to learn Flutter.
- An eye for design and attention to details.
- A good understanding of state management.
- Knowledge working with iOS/Android development and memory management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to any audience.
Nice to haves
- Experience building fintech or banking applications.
- Experience with React Native, Kotlin or Swift.
- Java, NodeJS, React Native.
- Postgres, MySQL, BigQuery.
- Kafka, CircleCI, GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Firebase.
- Datadog, Sentry.