Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
We’re building something.
We aren’t shy about our ambitions. Everyone at RenoFi is committed to making renovations possible for every homeowner in America. We’re growing fast and we're looking for an entrepreneurial and detail-oriented accounting pro who has the skills and horsepower to scale with us.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU:
You’ve spent the past few years in audit and you’re ready for the transition to private. You’re a licensed CPA and you’ve spent some time dabbling in an ERP or two. You’re energized by solving puzzles — and can’t walk away from one until you’ve solved it. You’re a numbers guru at heart, but your superpower is communication. You’re relentless about following up and following through. Most importantly, you care deeply about your team and our mission, and when your co-workers describe you, they always mention that you make your team better.
YOU WILL WORK ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Process vendor invoices including accurate coding into NetSuite and maintain timely vendor payments
- Process weekly credit card transactions including coding into NetSuite and prepare monthly credit card reconciliations
- Assist and maintain weekly working capital analysis and cash forecasting
- Assist with preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, month-end close process, assembling month-end financial statements and monthly financial reporting packages
- Assist with month-end closing of general ledger and AR & AP modules, maintaining fixed asset rollforward, prepaid/accrual amortization schedules, data entry and monthly report creation in NetSuite, reconciliation of financial statements
- Assist with tracking of revenues and deferred revenues by customer and invoice preparation
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare variance explanations from forecast
- Consolidate financial statements including preparation of consolidating and eliminating entries
- Maintain an efficient closing/consolidation process
- Maintain documentation of procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Assist with maintenance and organization of accounting files
- Ad hoc tasks and projects as arise
We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are uncertain about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
The demand for home renovations has never been stronger, yet, it's surprisingly difficult for a new homeowner to renovate. It can take a decade to build up enough home equity and savings to pay for a major renovation. As a result, recent homeowners do a lot of financially-suboptimal things to compensate like borrow from their 401k, rack up credit card debt, and use high-interest personal loans. Or they just live unhappily for years in a home that doesn't meet their family's needs.
But by completing a major renovation, homeowners are increasing the value of their home. Professional real estate investors leverage this After Renovation Value (ARV) to roll the increase in value into new properties all the time. But there hasn't been a great way for homeowners to take advantage of this. If homeowners had an ability to borrow against the ARV, they could increase their borrowing power up to 10x.
To meet this need, RenoFi created a platform that enables homeowners to borrow funds from RenoFi approved lenders in the form of the first home equity loan purpose-built for renovations! Unlike standard home equity loans, RenoFi Loans use the value of your home post-renovation which lets you borrow the most money at the best possible terms. RenoFi is creating a full suite of renovation loan products to better suit the needs of today’s homeowners!
For homeowners, RenoFi makes it possible to renovate years earlier than might be otherwise feasible. For contractors, we empower the financing of renovations at the point of sale, reducing instances of scope reduction, and ensuring prompt payment. Our lender partners, most often credit unions, rely on RenoFi's platform to generate loans, create efficiencies, and grow membership. The lenders pay RenoFi for the new loans, which allows us to offer our services to homeowners for free. RenoFi is truly a win-win-win for everyone involved.
RenoFi is backed by some of the best startup investors in the world, including First Round Capital, Comcast Ventures, and Canaan Partners.
WE ARE A GLOBALLY DISTRIBUTED TEAM
RenoFi has been built from the start as a fully distributed team with an intentional focus on growing a strong team and culture that spans timezones and nationalities. Here's one fun example!
Please highlight any prior experience working remotely when applying. US or GMT-adjacent timezones will be prioritized.
RenoFi offers competitive cash and equity compensation. Some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. In the United States, we offer competitive health and retirement plans. All staff across the globe enjoy a flexible vacation policy.
READ MORE ABOUT RENOFI
Our post announcing our funding: https://www.renofi.com/blog/financing-should-not-be-the-hardest-part-of-renovating/
Blog post by our lead investor announcing his investment in RenoFi: https://www.canaan.com/latest/brendan-dickinson-announcing-our-investment-in-renofi
National coverage by Housing Wire: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/renofi-raises-6-4-million-to-help-lenders-offer-home-renovation-loans/